Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   What yall making on greeeeeen? (/forums/showthread.php?t=333647)

vetia 09-11-2019 07:27 PM

What yall making on greeeeeen?

Title says it all. I'm dying to know.

Sonderbeast 09-11-2019 07:53 PM

Wizards were pretty powerful in classic so probably a wizard harry

Jimjam 09-11-2019 07:56 PM

Patchwork armour; tailored bags. Maybe even tailored whips.

vetia 09-11-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2959420)
Patchwork armour; tailored bags. Maybe even tailored whips.

Ah didn't think of my Q that way. I am also down for that. I too want to take up tailoring as I never took up an armor making tradeskill before. But I also wanna know class thoughts!

Spacebar 09-11-2019 08:11 PM

Been waiting on somebody to make a poll cause I'm too lazy to do it. Enchanter for me.

Demoraliser 09-11-2019 08:12 PM

An Ogre Warrior

Cen 09-11-2019 08:24 PM

I don't know! Here is my delimma. I play everything, but what I have and what I haven't done and what I want varies.

I played Everquest until Luclin in classic. I was a DE Necro and Woodelf Ranger, and a short beastlord stint.

When I started Blue a few years ago, I went Bard, and made a bunch of stuff but ultimately ended up with a Bard and a Wizard as my highest. I also had a ton of alts but followed one strict rule: I played a Ranger and Necro in classic,so on blue I wouldn't make those.

After a few years now, its become a 180! I feel like I have way more time and experience and I surpassed all my old characters playtimes, so I can come back to Ranger and Necro, and I feel like I might for green.. but I also had this urge to one day make a Dark Elf Shadowknight, and I always wanted one at the tail end of my live play, but when I came to P99 I was turned off of SK because they are in the current day seen as a really weak class. Also, I feel gimpy if I went DE, which is what I would want.

I feel like this is what I want to do with green:

I want a Human Ranger and I really want a guise. DE is a great race, and I like human rangers, but I think I dont have the pull to fight for a Guise given its popularity coming soon.

I want an Iksar Necro. Maybe a DE SK, and maybe some kind of Cleric. Possibly an enchanter.

Its one of those 5 classes, which would be very fresh for me, and fun.. but whats most fun will be most hated by the community as a groupmate ;P which is SK and Ranger.

aaezil 09-11-2019 08:33 PM

Thinks sk is weak, plays ranger. . .

DromalPhrenia 09-11-2019 08:46 PM

im forming an all-hybrid permagroup

vetia 09-11-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cen (Post 2959451)
I don't know! Here is my delimma. I play everything, but what I have and what I haven't done and what I want varies.

I played Everquest until Luclin in classic. I was a DE Necro and Woodelf Ranger, and a short beastlord stint.

When I started Blue a few years ago, I went Bard, and made a bunch of stuff but ultimately ended up with a Bard and a Wizard as my highest. I also had a ton of alts but followed one strict rule: I played a Ranger and Necro in classic,so on blue I wouldn't make those.

After a few years now, its become a 180! I feel like I have way more time and experience and I surpassed all my old characters playtimes, so I can come back to Ranger and Necro, and I feel like I might for green.. but I also had this urge to one day make a Dark Elf Shadowknight, and I always wanted one at the tail end of my live play, but when I came to P99 I was turned off of SK because they are in the current day seen as a really weak class. Also, I feel gimpy if I went DE, which is what I would want.

I feel like this is what I want to do with green:

I want a Human Ranger and I really want a guise. DE is a great race, and I like human rangers, but I think I dont have the pull to fight for a Guise given its popularity coming soon.

I want an Iksar Necro. Maybe a DE SK, and maybe some kind of Cleric. Possibly an enchanter.

Its one of those 5 classes, which would be very fresh for me, and fun.. but whats most fun will be most hated by the community as a groupmate ;P which is SK and Ranger.

Loving the long think out!! This is what I am craving. I think the hybrid melees are awesome and I am always excited to have them in groups!!! Any tankish player who can stop my paper-like enchanters from dying with some utility spells/abilities is fantastic in my book. If the healer has to heal you more so what.

I also feel like my brain is exploding with possibilities and I have an alt addiction and have played basically everything on live (until PoK or so) but shaman, druid, pally and ranger to the 20s-30s, but I want to finally just make ONE CHARACTER and see them through til the bitter end. I keep entertaining so many ideas but if I am going to commit to the one character then I think it needs to be my fav class: enchanter, which I love for the challenge and the requirement of total immersion, solo-able but also group oriented. But this time with a more challenging race (DE) and commit to going all in..... I have pretty much always started on fay so starting on the main continent will be nice. Other ideas I am entertaining on are eru wizard (ports! quadding!), human or gnome warrior, ranger (but the exp penalty - oof) or bard, or druid (ports!), or DE cleric.... see what I mean about alt addiction.. lol.... but I think I will need to make a deal with myself that those are for AFTER achieving 50 or something.... lord help me.

If you make DE hope to see you out in the dark forest :)