Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Y'all have a weird idea of what classic actually was. (/forums/showthread.php?t=383182)

RecondoJoe 04-20-2021 11:26 PM

Y'all have a weird idea of what classic actually was.

Y'all act like the game died when Luclin came out

https://i.imgur.com/quKz0Mp.png

In real-life, the game became more popular than ever and essentially died when EQ 2 was released.

starkind 04-20-2021 11:39 PM

Wow
Minecraft
DoTA

Cassawary 04-20-2021 11:44 PM

It died because EQ cybering was replaced by Second Life cybering, a game with better sex emotes.

The chart bears this out.

Hope this helps!

Arcticflava 04-21-2021 12:19 AM

Please be kind, OP is very lonely and needs whatever attention he can scrape together. This is all he has.

Gustoo 04-21-2021 12:28 AM

While the game continue to grow and stuff as more and more people started playing MMO's, the core game degraded and became unrecognizable with Luclin and continued on a downward spiral with each additional expansion.

Posting things like this on a messageboard dedicated to 3 servers created and popular specifically for the purpose of offering the otherwise extinct experience of playing Original - Kunark - Velious everquest with as close to original mechanics as we can muster is ridiculous. Play shards of dalaya, live TLP, or PEQ the grand creation, all great servers that allow you to play non classic everquest.

Coming to the p99 community to ask for post Velious expansions and making a case for them when 100% of the non P99 community is already dedicated to that version of everquest is despicable.

The fact that all the other servers go beyond Velious is evidence enough that the later version of the game is popular.

But it's not popular here.

It's like going to a candlemaking club and telling them how much more efficient and bright an LED lightbulb is. Like...duh? Some people like candles. P99 likes everquest that doesn't go past velious.

DMN 04-21-2021 01:46 AM

Game started to stagnate circa 2001-2002. Most of the "new" subscriptions at that point were second or third accounts. A lot of people went to DaoC/AO and then jumped around to various other MMO -- not EQ.

this user was banned 04-21-2021 02:58 AM

Why wasn’t Anarchy Online on that list? That game was great, and it’s still going too.

A Knight 04-21-2021 04:25 AM

It could be that the game was so good, it took forever for it to become a not good game.

Luclin may have just been a new version of instant messenger but you collect items, and if that was my first Aol instant messenger I would think it was great.

starkind 04-21-2021 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this user was banned (Post 3292371)
Why wasn’t Anarchy Online on that list? That game was great, and it’s still going too.

^

OuterChimp 04-21-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3292322)
Wow
Minecraft
DoTA

/wrong!

Minecraft killed EQ and WoW.

PST send tells please for an invite to my survival world!