Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Does dex affect the chance of spell procs? (/forums/showthread.php?t=372123)

radbeard 11-20-2020 05:08 AM

Does dex affect the chance of spell procs?

Dex obviously effects the chance of weapon procs, but what about spell procs, such as vampiric embrace?

I've seen conflicting information on these forums as to whether dex has any bearing on spell-based procs or not.

Does somebody here know definitively?

elwing 11-20-2020 05:18 AM

Parse 10min on bloodmaw at 100 and 255dex

radbeard 11-20-2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwing (Post 3215183)
Parse 10min on bloodmaw at 100 and 255dex

we have a whole wiki and forums to share the information and ask questions about game mechanics. So i'm asking if anybody knows this answer definitively, this response isn't helpful or informative.

Legidias 11-20-2020 10:08 AM

How do you think all the information about game mechanics came about in the first place? He gave you a way to find out very easily and simply.

DeathsSilkyMist 11-20-2020 11:13 AM

I haven't done any parsing, but I have played my SK a lot with the vampric embrace line and a proc weapon simultaneously. From my experience, vampric embrace seems to proc more often than my weapon most of the time. This leads me to believe it is either on a fixed rate, or it uses dex and has a proc modifier to make it proc more often.

Spell procs are pretty rare on this timeline, so there may not be a wiki page on them. I couldnt find one at least with a quick check. That is why people are suggesting you do your own parsing if you want to know for sure.

Googling "p99 spell proc" came up with this: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=284998 , which suggests it is a fixed rate.

elwing 11-20-2020 11:16 AM

Yep, the issue with the wiki is that it's often the case not exact/correct, I have heard both and I jave no idea which is correct, testing is the way to be sure

Crede 11-20-2020 12:58 PM

You should be stacking dex regardless as an SK to prepare for those sweet epic procs

DeathsSilkyMist 11-20-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 3215330)
You should be stacking dex regardless as an SK to prepare for those sweet epic procs

Agreed. SKs get a LOT of nice procs, so you should be stacking DEX on an SK regardless. I try to tune my gear towards DEX as much as possible. But obviously wait until you start getting some good proc weapons. At your level there isn't really anything worthwhile, so getting STR is going to be the best pair with your Ebon Mace.

Nagoya 11-20-2020 02:09 PM

the current consensus is that no, DEX does not affect spell procs.
i can only say that it also felt like it didn't matter when playing, but I never parsed anything.
i would be curious to find better data on this as well.

radbeard 11-20-2020 02:45 PM

Thank you. My SK is lvl 27 so testing this particular thing isn't really something i'm setup to do. I noticed that it felt like I was getting a lot of procs even with my 70 dex, which is what made me start searching to begin with.

Also I'm very aware that many things have had to be tested. And I have made many updates to the wiki for different spells that were slightly wrong, as well as updating mob level ranges, ect. It is just supremely unhelpful for the first response to many things to be telling people to go test when, in fact, a great many things have already been tested. Sometimes you need to invent the wheel and sometimes you just need to ask other people. Anyone who has conducted research knows the first step is a lit review of what the state of knowledge is already.