Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Upcoming change to class epics (/forums/showthread.php?t=209347)

Daldaen 09-01-2015 11:48 AM

Eh, I don't see it as demoralizing for a new player. Realizing it's not going to be exactly like they remember sure.

But there are still trains in Blackburrow and Crushbone, still long corpse runs, stil begging for SoWs and ports etc. The things that made classic classic are still there when a level 1 player runs upon a level 2 cleric twink with an epic. You just realize the players here have a lot more knowledge and a lot more time to end up investing their time or money into an epic on a level 1.

Similar to how many will feel when they get to raiding level and they realize almost all mobs die within 15minutes of spawning save a few (Sont, Yelinak, Vyemm, Tunare)

Laugher 09-01-2015 11:50 AM

Pras The Vision™

mattydef 09-01-2015 02:41 PM

Bad decision to put level requirements on epics, not classic and will screw over a big chunk of the server. Want to stop the MQs? Adjust the turn in requirement like stated before.

jaybone 09-01-2015 02:47 PM

You know the people who are going to be screwed over ? RMTers

mattydef 09-01-2015 02:51 PM

That's a pretty ignorant comment. Yes, im sure there probably are people who use real money to buy an epic, but there are far more who don't. Should we start putting level requirements on items like cloak of flames and fungi tunics as well? We all know only RMTers can afford those.

jaybone 09-01-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattydef (Post 2032497)
That's a pretty ignorant comment. Yes, im sure there probably are people who use real money to buy an epic, but there are far more who don't. Should we start putting level requirements on items like cloak of flames and fungi tunics as well? We all know only RMTers can afford those.

Confirmed rmter here guys.

mattydef 09-01-2015 02:56 PM

Another ignorant comment. Confirmed moron here guys.

Grubbz 09-01-2015 03:02 PM

This is the most unclassic change i have ever seen. 2/4 the epics could of always been done pre 46, 1/4 of them needed planes access and the other 1/4 required a 46 or 51 level check (beastlords being of the few classes which had a level check on an epic npc).
I love how people say "not classic" but yet changes like this are "great and welcomed". Lol thanks, p99 is now a custom content server.

fishingme 09-01-2015 03:30 PM

I think this link explains what the original creator of EQ thought about MQs. Also because of his response MQs were not widely done as they are here. In my opinion the ability of MQing borders between a flaw in the game and exploiting.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...highlight=brad

Grimmisch 09-01-2015 04:09 PM

Endless hours of porting May-June this year to be able to afford my first and only Epic MQ. 30k for a lvl 34 Main (porter) is a hell lot of money..
I understand the reason .. but for me personally it really sucks, because it was a totally waste of time.

Sad day for me.. I guess im out, GL all.

Nimly/Rinluan/Bafoon