Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Daybreak Games is splitting into three new studios (/forums/showthread.php?t=348166)

Horza 01-21-2020 01:32 PM

Daybreak Games is splitting into three new studios

Rather than a single overarching studio, Daybreak will reorganize into three studios: Dimensional Ink Games, Darkpaw Games, and Rogue Planet Games. Daybreak will transition to a publisher. The changes will push three different “franchise studios” to the fore. These studios’ efforts will focus on DC Universe Online and legacy franchises EverQuest and Planetside. Absent from those plans is the studio’s youngest franchise, H1Z1.

Newly-minted Dimensional Ink Games will be headed by chief executive officer Jack Emmert and based in Austin, Texas. The studio will focus on DC Universe Online and an unannounced new MMO project. Darkpaw Games, based in San Diego, California, will be led by executive producer Holly Longdale, and will maintain the EverQuest franchise and “the next innovation for the franchise.” Meanwhile, executive producer Andy Sites will be responsible for San Diego-based Rogue Planet Games and continue work on the Planetside franchise. (Source)

Baler 01-21-2020 01:37 PM

Someone tell me what this thread is about. Horza's shit posting has made me put him on ignore.

Drakborn 01-21-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horza (Post 3071063)
Holly Longdale, and will maintain the EverQuest franchise and “the next innovation for the franchise.”

Who's ready for EverQuest Next: Next!?!

Horza 01-21-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3071070)
Someone tell me what this thread is about. Horza's shit posting has made me put him on ignore.

When did bragging about being thin-skinned become so popular around here?

Baler 01-21-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakborn (Post 3071079)
Who's ready for EverQuest Next: Next!?!

Everquest 3 based on Everquest 1 would be pretty awesome unfortunately daybreak did layoffs recently. It gives off the vibes they're scaling down to a skeleton crew just like UO did to keep the servers online.

New expansions will keep coming at a slow pace but it's about keeping the servers online for as long as possible in an ever expanding media market. Where people who were loyal customers move on or grow old and pass on. :(

Pretzelle 01-21-2020 02:03 PM

A new EQ led by Holly Windstalker might be okay. Hopefully they allow some creativity rather than just funneling people toward microtransactions.

Teppler 01-21-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horza (Post 3071091)
When did bragging about being thin-skinned become so popular around here?

It's because you post like a fucking asshole which include breaking a lot of rules to be disruptive but the mods like galach seem to love you.

Horza 01-21-2020 02:43 PM

Welcome back Teppler, but let's try to keep this thread on topic before you have to take another forum vacation.

Horza 01-21-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiingpin (Post 3071156)
all ip ( intellection property ) of everquest next was sold and released as dragon age when the game failed

The Bioware game from over a decade ago?

Broor 01-21-2020 06:39 PM

Daybreak splitting up, implications for p99?

Hey ya'll check out this article , Daybreak is no more, now the Everquest license belongs to Darkpaw Games. Will they enjoy having unpaid competition on their legacy product? Should we panic? Tell me how to feel-