Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Defund and Reform the Police (/forums/showthread.php?t=387596)

Sonderbeast 07-08-2021 07:30 AM

Defund and Reform the Police

Warning this video may be disturbing for some folks due to violence. Consider it NSFW for those reasons.

According to the post the reason the police were called was because he was sleeping in his car. The officer has since resigned thank god, if only due to the fact that he was required to wear a video camera.

This is a dynamic video in that it highlights several societal illnesses in the US.

Criminalization of poverty/homelessness
Criminalization (or stigma) of mental illness
Lack of training and procedure by Law Enforcement
Law Enforcement encroaching on personal rights and freedoms
Undue Escalation of force by Law Enforcement
The fact that this only matters because the victim was white

All year we've seen more and more of this same type of violence from the Police. And that's just because the coverage has grown due to Floyd. This has been happening our entire lives, and the only reason any accountability has come from this was due to Police being required to wear a fucking video device. Wake up.

Skarne 07-08-2021 07:59 AM

I don't like thug cops either. We should march our characters from Qeynos to Freeport in protest.

Mesocyclone 07-08-2021 08:17 AM

Get the bail bond corporations (and lawfirms) out of police or nothing else will be effective.
It's all about the money. Always has been. I'm sorry, it wont ever change on Earth.

Mead 07-08-2021 08:22 AM

Defunding the police was a really good idea the first time it was brought up.

Honestly, if I were a cop, I would tell everyone to go fuck themselves and just do literally anything else.

starkind 07-08-2021 08:28 AM

I don't mind if we have zero police, just so long as we have zero lawywers or military too

but we shouldn't let poor ppl with mental illness be free (do whatever they want or have the capability to do whatever they want) or live in poverty and make more poor mentally ill (sick diseased, injured) ppl babies that suffer and die anyway and kill 10 more good ppl and drag us down

we should care for them like christ would

HalflingSpergand 07-08-2021 09:24 AM

https://i.imgur.com/8BzMWQZ.jpg

Pulgasari 07-08-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonderbeast (Post 3331359)
The fact that this only matters because the victim was white

Beef. You're telling on yourself dude.

Jimjam 07-08-2021 10:58 AM

Calls for changes to the US police make me hungry cos I’ve heard them be called ‘pigs’ so it just makes me think of reformed ham.

Pulgasari 07-08-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3331407)
Calls for changes to the US police make me hungry cos I’ve heard them be called ‘pigs’ so it just makes me think of reformed ham.

A lot of the protestors do like to press ham. :p

starkind 07-08-2021 11:13 AM

Join the military. Earn a paycheck. Maybe get disabled. Killed. Tortured or raped as a PoW or hostage. Or cancer or gulfwar syndrome from being injected with experimental gene therapy. Or burn in satanic five eyes spider hell. PTSD. Rabid. And or a fursuit fetish.

Or save every penny to retire to somewhere in the middle of nowhere so u can play irl minecraft and die from a snakebite or diphtheria while on hold with your VA primary care via ur sat(an)allite phone.

Problem solved.

Sorry if ur has asthma or already a fursuit... maybe try Hollywood as a costume/set designer, extra.