Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Warrior, Ranger, or Druid to run with Shaman? (/forums/showthread.php?t=290658)

Breton 02-07-2018 02:17 PM

Warrior, Ranger, or Druid to run with Shaman?

Hey P99 friends,

Returning to play with a friend. He is running with a Shaman and I'd like to create something I can pair up with him for duos and grouping.

I'm mostly a casual player rather than a min/maxer but wouldn't mind trying out some raiding when I eventually make it there.

Interested in a Warrior, Ranger and Druid. Any suggestions on which class would work best and why?

:cool:

scrapiron7 02-07-2018 02:30 PM

Out of those choices, I'd say Warrior or Ranger.

Gozuk 02-07-2018 02:53 PM

Well a Ranger/Warrior would be essentially the same when duo with a Shaman and both would do great. With a Warrior you would have better defensive stats and possibly a slight advantage in dps over the Ranger. Warriors also get berserk frenzy which is a ton of fun. The Ranger would provide you with a bit more utility over a Warrior, snare being especially nice since that's one of the few things a Shaman cannot do. You could also help out with root crowd control if you guys get overwhelmed. Harmony is also an awesome tool outdoors.

I guess if you want a classic melee/Shaman duo you cannot go wrong either way.

Druid/Shaman would be fun as well and provide a completely different play style. This duo could struggle in dungeons without a tank if there is a lot of caster mobs. I guess it depends on the dungeon. Root rotting with your damage over time spells would probably be your most efficient way to kill. Druids get some nice nukes as well and once you can port it would be easy for you guys to get around to bank or find new mobs to kill.

Good luck either way and let us know what you decide on!!

Spyder73 02-07-2018 03:00 PM

If you are casual a shaman/warrior is going to be best since its a classic healer/tank set up. Everyone loves Shaman/Monk because Monk does more DPS and with Slow you don't need much healing, but honestly that's more on the 'high end' and doesn't translate all that well to leveling up unless the Monk is in like 200k worth of gear.

Warrior/Shaman is solid - out of the 3 the most solid by a lot

Jimjam 02-07-2018 03:57 PM

Is it an innoruuk shaman?

Pair up with half elf warrior of innoruuk.

Breton 02-07-2018 04:03 PM

Seems like warrior is the way to go. Works for me.

We are both Barbarians and somebody hooked me up with sweet RZ cultural armor so I should be good to go for a while.

Thanks for the help.

Elegos 02-07-2018 04:18 PM

Shaman + Druid animal charm is alot of fun. Especially at 44 when the druid gets savage spirit. Sabertooth tigers in OT can put out some serious dps.

Not sure how it would measure up to a beefy berserk warrior though.

Lojik 02-07-2018 10:55 PM

Iksar or Troll CT shaman with fear neck+ ranger snare would make for easy fear kiting undead

aaezil 02-07-2018 11:27 PM

ranger better than warrior in almost every single way in this specific scenario besides hp pool and zerk damage which is dangerous becuase youre relying on root CC from the shammy (who needs to heal not spam root) in that duo. With ranger/shammy the ranger can root any rogue adds and as long as you are outdoor ranger can harmony which is the best spell in the game and you will always get single pulls. Monk for fd pull/mend for heal would also be better than warrior for that duo. Warrior thrives in trios to full groups with solid cc/heals/dps behind his tankyness. Oh also learn how to combat bandage

Lhancelot 02-07-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breton (Post 2653562)
Seems like warrior is the way to go. Works for me.

We are both Barbarians and somebody hooked me up with sweet RZ cultural armor so I should be good to go for a while.

Thanks for the help.

This is a awesome combination. You will be able to duo everything from 1 to 60, and form the catalyst to every group endeavor by providing the tank and slows/heals.

I was familiar with a barb duo one time, one was a healer the other a warrior just as you are doing. I watched these guys start with nothing on the server and rise all the way to level 60.

Sadly the shaman quit, I am not sure if he ever came back while the warrior continued for quite some time but it's been months since I seen him on too.

Long story short, the shaman was in a group that actually had the shaman spell Torpor drop. The group rolled, the shaman rolled a 98 which was amazing as the spell at that time was selling for 110k! Except... The rogue had not rolled yet. The rogue did /ran 100 and rolled a 99. Everyone gasped, the rogue got the spell, and the shaman ended up taking a break from the game. Last I heard the shaman never did come back fully.

Anyway, hopefully you guys have better luck if such a situation ever comes upon you. Good luck with your duo. :)