Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   ikky vs fungi (/forums/showthread.php?t=332331)

demonith 08-22-2019 12:04 AM

ikky vs fungi

so i have saved up about 42k, im torn between dropping money on an ikky jbb and rune etched, or just hoarding the plat till i get 50ish to buy the fungi.

my question is, does fungi really make that huge of a difference? or should i drop the plat on the ikky and other support gear?

Lurgort/Sseri 08-22-2019 12:11 AM

What level are ya? Those are all relatively easy items to sell and I actually even have an Iksar BP for sale...coincidentally traded my Fungi for 40k + an Iksar BP to a Shaman. The Fungi will help your efficiency the most, but a JBB and Rune Etched Icewurm Fang is mana-free damage on top of a decent efficiency boost.

What race are you? If you're a Troll, you have a built-in fungi already, more damage utility + small regen over more regen IMO is better. If you're a Barbarian or Ogre, go with the Fungi.

demonith 08-22-2019 12:34 AM

current shammy is an iksar level 20. i guess part of it is ive never had the wonton joy of running around with a fungi.

i mean when i twinked my mnk with cured silk a jade mace and sos it was so much fun!

i guess i am looking to relive that and am wondering if the ikky + pokey dmg or fungi will be the long haul awesome

Lurgort/Sseri 08-22-2019 12:37 AM

Iksar are unable to use a JBB sadly, since it's Kunark plate. You'll have to go with a Fungi or Iksar Ceremonial Chestplate + Rune-Etched Icewurm Fang and save like 35k for higher level spells.

I'll sell my Iksar BP for 12k, LMK what you decide on.

jolanar 08-22-2019 08:18 AM

I don't see the appeal of the Runed Etched Icewurm Fang. For the cost it's just not worth it.

Save for a fungi, it's a gamebreaking item. Use a 400p Poison Wind Censer that will do better and more consistent damage than the 1hander.

Lurgort/Sseri 08-22-2019 08:31 AM

Also a very good idea. PWC one of the best items from 20 until it procs for Shamans - you can grab a pair of SCH too for 22% haste. So total cost around 1400pp, save up more for the Fungi.

fastboy21 08-22-2019 09:48 PM

fungi all the way.

Wallicker 08-22-2019 10:31 PM

Fungi + lol at this guy trying to sell his iksar BP to you for 12k so he can try to buy back his Fungi he dumbly traded away

Lurgort/Sseri 08-22-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallicker (Post 2951056)
Fungi + lol at this guy trying to sell his iksar BP to you for 12k so he can try to buy back his Fungi he dumbly traded away

People wanna sell 'em for 13k and I'm hanging that alt up to not be tempted while taking on a new semester. What better way than selling Fungi / Haste?

NegaStoat 08-23-2019 12:22 AM

I leveled my iksar shaman to 34 using silver chitin handwraps and a poison wind censor, and then switched to full caster gear to solo mobs using nukes / dot / pet + root while medding through most of the fight. Exp speed was comparable to my DE necromancer at the same level. I'd imagine the better weapon / fungi might be really nice but at what cost?

JBB is off the table for an iksar so I'd honestly recommend spells being the biggest concern, along with Epic in terms of what money should be spent on.