Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fresh pure classic server opinion? (/forums/showthread.php?t=401262)

area 04-04-2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatChapp (Post 3442629)
I want green reset, and slower XP. One account per person, and PvP options for camp disputes. A man can dream

putting yourself on /list should make you pvp enabled until you leave the list.

Loadsamoney 04-04-2022 04:21 PM

Of course, the exp penalties means nobody will want to group with Hybrids, even useful ones like Bards. Rangers are gonna go hungry.

Jimjam 04-04-2022 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by area (Post 3442806)
putting yourself on /list should make you pvp enabled until you leave the list.

Give this volunteer poster a 50% raise!

Croco 04-04-2022 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 3442664)
Exaggerate much? Go ahead and post some links of this so called luclin winning by a wide margin. Quick search of Luclin or Expansion tells me a different story.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ghlight=luclin
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ight=expansion
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ight=expansion

Edit
After reading your edit and adding links, that is hardly luclin winning by a wide margin. More mixed bag of results.

My links speak for themselves. I edited out "wide", as that was obviously not the case in the instances I linked. The point stands that greater than 50% of responders would prefer post-classic content.

If the devs decided to put in a poll that you had to respond to when you logged in I'm willing to bet a large pile of plat the post-classic content would win by an even larger margin than represented by these forum polls.

~edit~
eqravenprince you need to learn to read the data from the links you posted, all but one of them supports my conclusion not yours.

~2nd edit~
actually sorry I misread one, they all support my conclusion, every link you posted lol

Gustoo 04-04-2022 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3442775)
Vanilla better have some cheap weapons that are better than 0.5 ratio...

?? Like are you trying to say Vanilla is going to need to up its game to win your over? lol.

It is what it is. The best rogue weapon is 13/30 crystalline spear and one of the best warrior weapons is 8/24 SSOY

Mithril 2hs is one of the better 2 handers at 21/40 with built in haste.

Then there is planar stuff later.

Best in slot for monk is like..full cloth armor. A real ostere monk its a badass class in vanilla.

Master Roshi 04-04-2022 09:58 PM

Knights support this idea.

Jimjam 04-05-2022 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3442934)
?? Like are you trying to say Vanilla is going to need to up its game to win your over? lol.

It is what it is. The best rogue weapon is 13/30 crystalline spear and one of the best warrior weapons is 8/24 SSOY

Best in slot for monk is like..full cloth armor. A real ostere monk its a badass class in vanilla.

I love how the monk’s power came from rejecting possession. It was such a cool theme.

Loadsamoney 04-05-2022 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3442934)

So what, a twinked Ranger is going to be in full banded and Ebony Bladed Longswords?

No, give me my dual Lammies, give me my Sarnak Backstabber, my Jade Mace, give me weapons that aren't butt.

Gustoo 04-05-2022 05:38 AM

Twink ranger is ivy etched with a hero bracer and rubicite BP and fbss and trueshot long bow.

Djarns and 5/55 rings

Frog crown or tranix crown

Cloak of flames

Yeah the twinkage is a lot weaker the power of droppable items in kunark is like 3x the power of items in classic but you can see that those two helms and the cloak of flames and djarns ring remain supreme for all time which is nice

Loadsamoney 04-05-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3443011)
Twink ranger is ivy etched with a hero bracer and rubicite BP and fbss and trueshot long bow.

Djarns and 5/55 rings

Frog crown or tranix crown

Cloak of flames

Yeah the twinkage is a lot weaker the power of droppable items in kunark is like 3x the power of items in classic but you can see that those two helms and the cloak of flames and djarns ring remain supreme for all time which is nice

Yeah but how much do they cost in classic relative to their price in Kunark? With the level cap being 50 and the gear being weaker (and no epics, except maybe Fiery Avenger?), raising plat is not as easy in Classic, unless you have a Druid alt and port people all day I guess.

If there was a Classic only server I might play it, but I think Kunark only is more interesting for the higher levels and the dedication required to grind them out, the Epics, the big increase in end-game content while the planes still stay relevant, and of course, Iksar.

Maybe have a Yellow server for Kunark, reset Green (merge it with Blue first) and make it Classic only.