Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Worth making a toon here? (/forums/showthread.php?t=328185)

Loadsamoney 06-19-2019 03:47 PM

Worth making a toon here?

Want to start a Bard, thinking about doing it on Red instead of Blue. Is there still a community/economy here, or is it pretty much a graveyard and not worth playing?

Dwarflord 06-19-2019 04:53 PM

no such thing as an economy all good gear is no drop

there is 1 guild farming tov if thats your intention, the line for gear will be short

exp is faster, will take you a year to get 60 on blue or a week or two on red if you are good

Loadsamoney 06-19-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwarflord (Post 2926123)
no such thing as an economy all good gear is no drop

there is 1 guild farming tov if thats your intention, the line for gear will be short

exp is faster, will take you a year to get 60 on blue or a week or two on red if you are good

My Ranger on Blue is 41 now. 40 was a pain but its been a pretty smoth ride so far, all depends on which levels from 50-60 are bad.

Loadsamoney 06-19-2019 05:10 PM

So there's no economy here at all? No way to make some early funds via things like Bone Chips, Spider Silk, etc?

MiRo2 06-19-2019 06:05 PM

There is a small economy, but nothing like blue. You're more likely to have someone just give you gear than you are to find a buyer for bone chips and silks.

Imago 06-19-2019 09:30 PM

Actively announce using /ooc that you’re new and looking for assistance and people will port to you to give you hand me downs and PL you. Get a money-making class up past 25 and farm HHK guards to 40. You’ll have enough of a nest egg that you’ll be able to start Tunnel-questing (again thru /ooc) some significant gains.

See you in game!

kotton05 06-19-2019 09:45 PM

The Great Depression has a better economy than red

Loadsamoney 06-19-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imago (Post 2926246)
Actively announce using /ooc that you’re new and looking for assistance and people will port to you to give you hand me downs and PL you. Get a money-making class up past 25 and farm HHK guards to 40. You’ll have enough of a nest egg that you’ll be able to start Tunnel-questing (again thru /ooc) some significant gains.

See you in game!

I'm not actively looking for handouts and won't go asking for them. If someone happens to notice me and flips a nickel at my feet, cool, I'd be rude to turn them down, but I'm no hobo rattling a tin can. I'll survive on rusty swords and cloth armor if I have to. Everyone did at one point, I did on my Ranger.

That said, my toon name is JinglyTingly, Half Elf Bard.

Tassador 06-19-2019 10:12 PM

There is no economy on red but you can prob get to 50 in no time. I am not sure about you tho op you sound pretty new to a 19 year old game. You may enjoy actually playing with people and blue is definitely the better option there.

But why listen to words on the internet just try it.

Loadsamoney 06-19-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassador (Post 2926259)
There is no economy on red but you can prob get to 50 in no time. I am not sure about you tho op you sound pretty new to a 19 year old game. You may enjoy actually playing with people and blue is definitely the better option there.

But why listen to words on the internet just try it.

I have a 41 Ranger on blue.