Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   How long is the line for JBoots on Green and Teal? (/forums/showthread.php?t=339714)

Dulian 11-05-2019 12:20 PM

How long is the line for JBoots on Green and Teal?

Thinking of starting a wizard or monk on one of these new servers and was just wondering how long the line is for this drop. Also, I never camped her on Blue, but is it a common spawn and common drop? Or are both spawn and drop rate pretty bad?

Thanks for any info!

AegnorP99 11-05-2019 12:30 PM

I think they're fairly rare so this could be a pretty long line indeed. Someone mentioned spending like 30 hours on the /list? And that's early on before most people have reached the required level.

Stabulous 11-05-2019 12:33 PM

It's the rare drop of a rare spawn. The line depends entirely on when you can dedicate the time to camping it. If you head there at the wee hours of the morning on a weekday there might be no list at all. Going there at primetime on the other hand would a waste of time unless you have a minimum of 24-30 straight hours to dedicate to it. I've seen people go 20-30 hours without a single boot drop so if you're maybe 3rd or more on the list you're either going to need people ahead of you to bail or a huge amount of luck to get them before the sleep monster gets you.

cd288 11-05-2019 12:34 PM

Both are not great I don't think, but I'm not sure how it compares to camping the AC. I think the other day someone said 20+ hours or so for J Boots, but I can't recall fully.

Polixa 11-05-2019 01:11 PM

Anecdote - on Live I was #6 on the list, took 27 hours for 6 boots to drop

Jibartik 11-05-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polixa (Post 3015005)
Anecdote - on Live I was #6 on the list, took 27 hours for 6 boots to drop

It took me almost exactly 25 hours I remember because my friend and I stayed up all night and timed it!

Then 48 hours after that I stopped playing that character cus I saw a fiery avenger. :(

Purplefluffy 11-05-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stabulous (Post 3014960)
It's the rare drop of a rare spawn. The line depends entirely on when you can dedicate the time to camping it. If you head there at the wee hours of the morning on a weekday there might be no list at all. Going there at primetime on the other hand would a waste of time unless you have a minimum of 24-30 straight hours to dedicate to it. I've seen people go 20-30 hours without a single boot drop so if you're maybe 3rd or more on the list you're either going to need people ahead of you to bail or a huge amount of luck to get them before the sleep monster gets you.

Quoted for Truth. I remember back at release I must have pulled 18 or so hours waiting for the spawn. I get the big fella (AC route) close to 50% hp and the server's top lvl 50 Warrior jumps on in to steal the kill <- turns out the player hired out his Warrior toon to others for RL cash to players with special and difficult tasks in mind. I think I quit EQ not too long after. These days I am easier going.

Khorza 11-05-2019 01:45 PM

Took me 9 hours straight when Blue first launched, if I remember right.

Then a few days later I accidentally deleted my Jboots. Ran over to Najena, Drelzna was up with no one in zone, and she dropped the boots again.

So an average of 4.5 hours per boots. This is a very scientific number.

uygi 11-05-2019 03:33 PM

It seems like ~1-4 on /list has been typical this week. I expect this to go up.

Glasken 11-05-2019 04:23 PM

Got lucky. Buddy and I duoed her the day Teal opened and got back-to-back jboot drops.

The camp can be long though. Really long. Sometimes an entire day without them dropping.

Praise be the RNG.