Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Some Info About Clickies (/forums/showthread.php?t=335746)

Videri 10-09-2019 01:57 PM

Added to the wiki? What an honor! I think I like the “separate page for instant clicky article” idea, with links to and from the more general Clickies page. I also think I will remove “I” from it and try to make it more strictly factual and less opinion, since it’s our encyclopedia. I will make a wiki account at some point and do that.

Also, be honest, guys end elves...too long-winded?

Note to self: finish this, fact check it, and add it to the dispels section:
c. Player-cast dispells depend on which spell is cast. Cancel Magic might skip buffs, but dispels only one. Nullify and pumice always take off the target’s first two buffs, no skips. Strip Enchantment takes of four, no skips.

Kirdan 10-09-2019 03:35 PM

Cancel/Nullify/Annul can all skip slots, I've tested it.

Nirgon 10-09-2019 03:43 PM

Clickies should autopop all your spell gems

Not just the top one

Bet it's tough to figure out (not bein sarcastic)

Annul magic should not skip slots, cancel and nullify should at times depending on strength of the buff/debuff going top down

loramin 10-09-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 2979896)
Added to the wiki? What an honor! I think I like the “separate page for instant clicky article” idea, with links to and from the more general Clickies page. I also think I will remove “I” from it and try to make it more strictly factual and less opinion, since it’s our encyclopedia. I will make a wiki account at some point and do that.

Awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 2979896)
Also, be honest, guys end elves...too long-winded?

I wouldn't say you're "too long-winded", so much as I'd say that, just in general, everyone benefits when the wiki is able to provide information in the most succinct way possible. Or to put it another way, no one wants to read more than they have to :)

Also personally I tend to find that when I write something long, then whittle it down to a smaller thing, what's left winds up being a better/more refined version.

bradsamma 10-09-2019 04:57 PM

Casting snare and then instantly casting FD is insanely useful.

You should add common instant clickies like the telescope and shrunken goblin skull earring.

Baler 10-09-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradsamma (Post 2980052)
Casting snare and then instantly casting FD is insanely useful.

You should add common instant clickies like the telescope and shrunken goblin skull earring.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Balers_...#GCD_Resetters
:cool:

loramin 10-09-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 2980055)

"Great minds think alike" :) I believe that list is a subset of http://wiki.project1999.com/Category...lick_Equipment

Maybe you could add your list to that category page, since the category just lists everything, but your list is in order of difficulty?

kgarry 10-10-2019 09:05 AM

That was a perfect write up, Videri. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain it. It's amazing how much depth there is to EQ, still learning new tricks years later.