Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   What's a good leveling path for a druid? (/forums/showthread.php?t=326428)

Tunabros 05-27-2019 02:07 PM

What's a good leveling path for a druid?

I just started a halfling druid and I have no clue how to play it but Im learning my ways. So i'm just wondering what are some good leveling paths for a druid and equipment should i get?

loramin 05-27-2019 02:21 PM

Option #1: Follow one of the druid guides in the wiki

Option #2: Use the Per-Level Hunting Guide and click the filter for "Druid"

gutterbrain 05-27-2019 03:19 PM

My path was pretty easy:
1-20 on turn ins (chips, scalps, ears)
20-25 animal charming in the karanas
25-30 charming mammoths in everfrost
30-35 charming cougars on cougar island in ic
35-40 quadding giants in FM or creatures in OT by FM zoneline
40-44 quadding yetis by the tunnel mouth in DL

Stopped there though because i just wanted a 44 druid to port my friends around and do DAP on the side but you can likely take yetis to 45. Find a group in com to 46 then lumi staff raptors>wyverns in cs>othmirs in cs>charming the bearlits 55-60

Legidias 05-27-2019 08:34 PM

1-60 turn ins bone chips / orc belts / orc scalps / goblin ears / gnoll scrolls to 60

Tethler 05-28-2019 12:37 AM

Flail around doing whatever from 1-13. At 14, practice charming on the crocs in oasis until low 20s. Graduate to charming in karanas or the low level side in OT till 24.

Did bread quest (SK -> feerrott) get nerfed? If not, do that from like 24-40

If you prefer grouping, get to 10 or so and go to kurns till 20, or unrest till whenever you get tired of it.

ama84 05-28-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 2916282)
Flail around doing whatever from 1-13. At 14, practice charming on the crocs in oasis until low 20s. Graduate to charming in karanas or the low level side in OT till 24.

Did bread quest (SK -> feerrott) get nerfed? If not, do that from like 24-40

If you prefer grouping, get to 10 or so and go to kurns till 20, or unrest till whenever you get tired of it.

Bread quest was nerfed.

Nagoya 05-29-2019 12:27 AM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ub+druid+guide

This is the best guide you'll find. It is not on the wiki.

Troxx 05-29-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 2916282)
Flail around doing whatever from 1-13.

This made me smile.

Realistically for the Druid class there are just so many ways to get xp that I’d argue there isn’t and “ideal” leveling path. I typically recommend holding off on making huge efforts at solo charm until 20ish and up. Your level difference between what you try to charm and yourself paired with the reasonably steep price of the charm spell for what will likely be a short duration charm makes it inefficient.

Better to hunt in places with charmable animals and look for a duo/trio where you can babysit your charm pet for more total dps while doing other contributory stuff for the squad (heal/buff/snare) and maintaining a buffer to sustain the charm pet. My fastest bursts of leveling came in the form of such duos/trios but you are limited to physical locations with charmable animals. From level 20 all the way to 45/46 kunark zones like OT and LOIO provide such opportunities. I always recommend druids strongly consider these 2 zones for that reason. Clear options to use your full toolkit for 26 consecutive levels.

Root dot/rot.
Solo charm.
Charm in a group.
Play the group healer role.
Quad kite.
Single DD Nuke root vs kite.

Highly mobile class that can relocate to greener hunting pastures. There’s a reason you find tons of druids in this era and it’s not solely to port-whore. Very convenient class for casual leveling.

The only shame is that there are limited opportunities to charm in groups at higher levels and the class suffers later on with less potent healing. Druids are still competent healers in the late 50s all the way to 60 but it requires careful rationing of your mana. The absence of rez also makes Druid primary healing a potential liability.

kjs86z 05-29-2019 10:57 AM

50+ I pulled for KC groups. Track for the infamous skeletal warlord and your groups will love you...especially when you sneak behind enemy camp lines and drag their would-be T staff to your group instead.

Troxx 05-29-2019 11:25 PM

Oh snap I forgot to mention that.

Druids are amongst the best KC pullers (or any outdoor zone for that matter). I did that multiple times. I generally always had a single pull coming into camp as the next one died and used any mana I could sneak in for thorns/regen with some in reserve for emergency healing.