Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hello everyone! (/forums/showthread.php?t=411522)

PerplexedPurplePixel 11-28-2022 10:25 PM

Hello everyone!

Hi!

I played the original EQ in 1999/2000-2003 timeframe, but unfortunately I was in the Navy then so I didn't get nearly enough time to explore and learn the game. I did play a bit of EQ later, with all these new expansions and stuff going on, but couldn't really get into it, mostly due to community issues. I heard Project 1999 had a great community so I'm hoping to dig in to content I never really got to play.

As for my aspirations, I'm normally a necromancer lover, but I wouldn't mind a caster/caster-melee type (I played DK in the new EQ a few months ago) and since I'm not sure if I'll find a group to play with, I could use some tips on what to play. I like pets for sure!

I hope to see y'all out there!

unsunghero 11-28-2022 10:50 PM

More on the caster side (much more at higher levels) of what you want = shaman

More on the melee (tank) side of what you want = sk

Shaman probably easier to play as first char. More utility with spells, and sow is great for getting around

PerplexedPurplePixel 11-28-2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3538648)
More on the caster side (much more at higher levels) of what you want = shaman

More on the melee (tank) side of what you want = sk

Shaman probably easier to play as first char. More utility with spells, and sow is great for getting around

Thank you very much! I appreciate it! I did feel like playing an ogre so that will definitely work either way :)

spoil 11-28-2022 11:50 PM

Hey, welcome back. Necromancer is a really solid choice, one of the least gear-dependent classes in the game and a strong soloer.

goblinmob 11-29-2022 12:15 AM

Everyone who says Necro is probably right. Everyone who says "Play something you like" is also right. But I think if by chance you spend a lot of times in the forums Enchanter is the way to go. Good luck have fun!

PerplexedPurplePixel 11-29-2022 12:49 AM

thank you both for getting back to me!

Right now I'm having a hand at an ogre shaman, its pretty fun! But, I will probably try out necro as well see which I like better :)

PerplexedPurplePixel 11-29-2022 01:52 AM

Thank you both for responding!

Right now I am playing a shaman, just hit level 3 1/3. I am enjoying him very much, but I do want to try Necro as well and see what I like more. I'm not sure if I was very lucky or not but on my shaman I have almost a full set of cloth armor (just from drops!) and a small chest I found. Also poking things with a rusty spear is fun. Now I just need to find a shield xD

unsunghero 11-29-2022 02:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by goblinmob (Post 3538684)
But I think if by chance you spend a lot of times in the forums Enchanter is the way to go

goblinmob 11-29-2022 01:57 PM

Shaman is definitely a class I keep wanting to roll up. What race did you pick?

Spithridates 11-29-2022 03:13 PM

Shamans are so much fun. Are you on Blue or Green?