Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ******Official politics thread ****** (/forums/showthread.php?t=260341)

maerilith 01-18-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmelon (Post 2447113)
I don't consider transgenderism any sort of deficiency. In and of itself it does not signify any sort of substantive shortcoming other than one's capacity to fulfil traditional gender roles, which are increasingly meaningless in modern society. Some people lack health, some lack intelligence, some lack ambition, some lack work ethic, some lack self restraint. Some lack all of those. My point is that subsidizing failure is not compassionate because it propagates misery. It is a disservice to the recipient along with humanity because of the opportunity cost of resources inefficiently expended to sustain their misery for the sake of dodging responsibility.

In general I agree with your ideology.

What if failure happens despite a person making all the right choices, due to a larger more complex systemic failure or input from an external system outside of the control of the individual?

We can euthanize millions of people, but there's no way to know based on beliefs or ideology alone that we aren't destroying something that we could have benefited from if we worked together.

In part we are subsidizing the failure of the patriarchy and baby boomers by attempting to halt change and turn back the clock and expend wasted effort controlling identity and peoples worth to society.

It's like an organism suppressing its own immune system due to an allergic reaction and allowing a cancer to run rampant without antibodies.

bigjerry 01-18-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maerilith (Post 2447071)
If you want to bring gender in. No I'm fundamentally a woman, female.

pretty binary if u ask me

maerilith 01-18-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjerry (Post 2447126)
pretty binary if u ask me

I'm not denying that there are other options or points of view outside of the binary.

I happen to be fairly fortunate to fit in and prefer the typical binary here. Though that doesn't make me a cisgender female.

I'm still genetically and was assigned male at birth, and initially socialized as a male, which earns me that oh so infamous trans label.

Even if by all accounts I passably blend and consistently am gendered female by others :)

I also legally am female. The merits of a binary gender system for identification is a popular topic for wee millenials. I'm not really advocating to change it. My personal preference would be to remove all instances of gender from societies legal framework, basically gender / sex should not net anyone special consideration, protection, or hinderence / sanction.

I'm ok to the status quo though as far as BigO's guidelines from the executive office, it all was pretty reasonable.

maskedmelon 01-18-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maerilith (Post 2447118)
In general I agree with your ideology.

What if failure happens despite a person making all the right choices, due to a larger more complex systemic failure or input from an external system outside of the control of the individual?

Then they carry at least some small token of the defectiveness that gave rise to their condition or the system that contributed to their failure. It is irresponsible however to presume that success is necessarily an indicator of individual fitness. A large group of woefully inept individuals stand a better chance of survival together in an orchard than Newton alone in the woods.
Quote:

We can euthanize millions of people, but there's no way to know based on beliefs or ideology alone that we aren't destroying something that we could have benefited from if we worked together.
It would have to be billions, but yes, beyond the rigidity of one's adherence to it, ideology is not an indicator of one's fitness. ^^
Quote:

In part we are subsidizing the failure of the patriarchy and baby boomers by attempting to halt change and turn back the clock and expend wasted effort controlling identity and peoples worth to society.

It's like an organism suppressing its own immune system due to an allergic reaction and allowing a cancer to run rampant without antibodies.
The right will always pull to the right, just as the left will pull to the left. In the end, neither is ever concerned with anything more than developing a lofty sense of self worth :c

The number one challenge to toppling the patriarchy is that civilization was built by men whether we like it or not and without men to combat other men, women would still be beneath the boot of men. It persists because most women are unwilling to forgo children to fully compete whether more men are growing open to child care or not.

Men are also generally stupid, like women and do not intuitively understand one another. It's like conservatives and liberals. They think differently and the average person is either incapable or uninterested in understanding :c

That's the real reason why subsidy of failure is so damning to society. Stupid people are going to kill us all.

maskedmelon 01-18-2017 03:02 PM

Also, I am enjoying this conversation ^^

maskedmelon 01-18-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokesan (Post 2447093)
what color did you dye your hair?

Also, looping back to this,

Stop trolling :p

I've said before I am slow. I do recognize trolling, just not always immediately ^^

maerilith 01-18-2017 04:07 PM

@MM I very much respect your words. I have a similar sentiment, I think.

Sadly the only confidence I have is in my dreams to get fit and heal and live.

I have no desire to fight over or control the destiny of our species. I'd be very happy if I was a successful member of the herd. Though my current condition has hindered that. I'm not counting myself down and out just yet.

That may intrinsically reduce my value as a person. However it frees me up from feeling guilt or shame for the actions of the many and allows me to explore more subjective esoteric and unknown aspects of life.

If I am to be a casualty in the grand scheme, I know my voice was one of thoughtful exploration. We all die. I just want it to be swift, merciful, and unimpeded.

Until then, handstanding on a surfboard is a very unimportant, unworthy, but fulfilling goal :)

maskedmelon 01-18-2017 04:35 PM

We on the same page, Mae. I don't really have any desire or ambition to effect any meaningful change in humanity and understand that I am filled with all sorts of undesirable characteristics that render me unfit for all sorts of things. I do my small part by not having children (hahaha).

I guess the one thing I'd like to spread is understanding. If more people understand the dangers, I'm sure we can find a better solution than killing everyone (parent licensing!) Better yet maybe someone can succeed in showing me where and why I am wrong ^^ I am happy every time it works. Maybe another 10 or 20 years and it will filter through my brain. Until then though, I agree, surfing, dancing, experiencing life is more than worthwhile ^^

I should add that if I ever were crowned ruler of this rock and given opportunity to invoke such nastiness I would damn us from the get-go by irrationally exempting everyone I hold dear and all those I know and dont dislike because I am selfish like that ^^ And I think one's own life and interest is infinitely more important than anything else. Why else we here if not to live? I wouldn't count you down or out either p(^。^)q

maerilith 01-18-2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmelon (Post 2447266)
We on the same page, Mae. I don't really have any desire or ambition to effect any meaningful change in humanity and understand that I am filled with all sorts of undesirable characteristics that render me unfit for all sorts of things. I do my small part by not having children (hahaha).

I guess the one thing I'd like to spread is understanding. If more people understand the dangers, I'm sure we can find a better solution than killing everyone (parent licensing!) Better yet maybe someone can succeed in showing me where and why I am wrong ^^ I am happy every time it works. Maybe another 10 or 20 years and it will filter through my brain. Until then though, I agree, surfing, dancing, experiencing life is more than worthwhile ^^

I should add that if I ever were crowned ruler of this rock and given opportunity to invoke such nastiness I would damn us from the get-go by irrationally exempting everyone I hold dear and all those I know and dont dislike because I am selfish like that ^^ And I think one's own life and interest is infinitely more important than anything else. Why else we here if not to live? I wouldn't count you down or out either p(^。^)q

^^ (*^o^*) ( ^ω^) (*˘︶˘*)

bigjerry 01-18-2017 05:28 PM

watching my girls hit it off like this is making me lil hard


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.