Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   What if you don't want to be an Evil Shaman? (/forums/showthread.php?t=301974)

Rathiel72 07-05-2018 06:44 PM

What if you don't want to be an Evil Shaman?

I see all these tips for the other 3 races but what about us homely Barbarians? Doesn't anyone have any tips or tricks for us?

enjchanter 07-05-2018 07:01 PM

Well the main benefit is you dont have to be fat and ugly as a barbarian

I dont have a shaman so I dont have much good advice but I'll tell you this

I made an erudite cleric and never had an issue if that's any consolation

Shodo 07-05-2018 07:06 PM

Barbarian Spiritist Hammer at 30 is a pretty fun benefit for barb shamans, and not too expensive. Procs the same nuke that jbb casts.

loramin 07-05-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Femm (Post 2735485)
Super mega double bonus points for maintaining bearhat throughout entire career.

This.

Also, check out the wiki's Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature). It has places for every race of Shaman (or any other soloing class) to hunt. You don't really need tips or tricks beyond that: just go explore and you'll figure everything out.

DinoTriz 07-05-2018 07:18 PM

I wish Iksars didn't look retarded and could wear plate.

I'm not into fatties either. You can't see mobs in front of you.

No thanks. No amount of frontal stun immunity or regen will make up for that.

Teppler 07-05-2018 07:29 PM

You’ll level faster but you’ll miss out on some cool benefits.

Trolls get Regen which really won’t kick into high gear until 50s. One thing that is highly underrated about them though is their options for clickies. Make sure you’re the right deity for snare necklace! That’s one item I wish I had.

Ogres get the stun immunity which won’t matter long term unless you intend to solo a lot after 60.

Race will make a difference to some degree. There is not some mob or camp that becomes available due to being a certain a race of shaman though.

loramin 07-05-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teppler (Post 2735501)
Ogres get the stun immunity which won’t matter long term unless you intend to solo a lot after 60.

This except I solo a lot after 60 and I still don't miss FSI. Have I been stunned from the front? A few times I'm sure, but they were so inconsequential I don't even remember them. I've certainly never died because I got stunned, either while facing the mob or otherwise.

To me FSI really matters for the Shaman who want to take on the hard stuff, like the Solo Artist Challenge. Even for them it's not a huge lifesaver ... but when you're dealing with mobs that can kill you even when you do everything right, even a small lifesaver matters.

Troxx 07-06-2018 01:49 AM

FSI is hugely overrated by the p99 folk.

Foxplay 07-06-2018 02:57 AM

YoloTorporLoL Don'tCare

Yup pretty much describes ogre torpor shaman gameplay perfectly

Jimjam 07-06-2018 03:26 AM

Racial regen and FSI won't save you every time. Barbarian will be higher level than an equivalently XPed other shaman, which is a bigger boost than any other racial. Barbie will be 60 (539,119,876 xp) while the iksar/ troll are barely out of 58 (538,509,120). They will also recover xp debt from death better than others.

If you decide to sell sacrifices restoring the lost do will be faster on the barbarian too. Many a shaman has sold his soul for torpor/epic!

But that is just a footnote. It is all about them polar bears!