Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   what the actual fuck (windows 10) (/forums/showthread.php?t=243518)

AzzarTheGod 05-20-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevris (Post 2279244)
You really should leave automatic updates on.

That said, it was kind of crappy of MS to make Windows 10 a recommended update.

You can't name a single good reason that has any purpose if we aren't talking about hardware changes year to year.

Basically, there is no "really should leave automatic updates turned on". Just wanted to clear that up.

Cull the herd.

AzzarTheGod 05-20-2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xKoopa (Post 2279207)
Everyone I've talked to has had nothing but horror stories about windows 10. A guy I work with updated his laptop and now it's unusable as a result.

@nilbog thanks bud I'll check that out. Looks like it managed to restore back to 7 at least. Was scared it was gonna take a dump and tell me I'm fucked

A guy I know just had his laptop fried by Windows 10 upgrade.

He heard a *POP* noise, and a short bzzssss sound. Then noticed smoke came out of the laptop.

He turned it off for a bit, turned it back on. smoked, popped again, and died.

Full hardware failure. Processor literally blew up..

So much for that "Free Upgrade" wheres his free laptop?

Doctor Jeff 05-20-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod (Post 2279310)
A guy I know just had his laptop fried by Windows 10 upgrade.

He heard a *POP* noise, and a short bzzssss sound. Then noticed smoke came out of the laptop.

He turned it off for a bit, turned it back on. smoked, popped again, and died.

Full hardware failure. Processor literally blew up..

So much for that "Free Upgrade" wheres his free laptop?

Sounds like he ended up with a hardware upgrade in the end.

Swish 05-20-2016 07:35 PM

Been using pirated Windows 7 for almost 2 years now... the only shit you get is the occasional warning about using it lol

Good luck with Spyware 10 :o

maerilith 05-20-2016 07:45 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Ti5dNuj.jpg

AzzarTheGod 05-20-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2279336)
Been using pirated Windows 7 for almost 2 years now... the only shit you get is the occasional warning about using it lol

Good luck with Spyware 10 :o

makes sense. spyware 10 was so thirsty to ravage data that it destroyed the host. its a virus.

nilbog 05-20-2016 08:46 PM

I do not believe in letting windows automatically update.. I opt to download updates, and let me choose when to install them.

Sometimes Windows releases an update which will force you to reboot after a certain amount of time, but that can be disabled as well using the group policy editor.

http://www.howtogeek.com/139993/prev...ndows-updates/

Tasslehofp99 05-20-2016 09:10 PM

Windows 10 hasn't been so bad for me; I chose to update to it from windows 8.1.

It took like an hour to figure out how to turn off all the annoying new features and stuff that sends data to Microsoft. Another 30 minutes of personalizing and I was already happy that I made the switch from the terrible 8.1 OS.

To me, Windows10 seemed to bring back the simplicity that made windows7 great and had some cool aesthetic/convenient changes added in. Granted I'm not a super tech-savvy guy, it feels good on the surface and have been running it for maybe 6 months without issue.