Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Some EverQuest Drawings =) **WARNING** ARTISTIC BOOBIES (/forums/showthread.php?t=298750)

Dothgar 05-23-2018 06:46 PM

Some EverQuest Drawings =) **WARNING** ARTISTIC BOOBIES

hey what do u guys think? =) any artists out there feel free to give some constructive criticism. tell me what u guys think and maybe give recommendations for future works

https://i.imgur.com/STiJSfv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3ZZbLvL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c2eotoa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BvOGjnB.jpg

Irulan 05-23-2018 06:49 PM

Howcum the mushroom and dragon doesn't have boobs?

Pretty good btw. The siren is well done, reminds me of OOT sirens camp.

MagpieRockyl 05-23-2018 07:40 PM

I think these are great for an amateur! in my heyday of drawing i was about at this skill level. You've done a nice job communicating emotion in each of the drawings.

1. this guy is cute and i think his feet are cool. you could work on positioning his head so that it's more in line with the center of the mushroom cap. right now it's off center and that doesn't really happen in nature or in game

2. nice tits and good female form. due to the prolific nature of sirens in myth, this is actually the least "EQ" feeling one to me! maybe add some more EQ shit like an hp bar or a scowling message

3. seems more like a WoW Goblin!

4. dragonite mixed with veeshan dragons. i like this guy a lot. main recommendation here is that EQ dragons are all very slim and he has a really beefy body.

Keep drawing more and posting!

Dothgar 05-23-2018 07:43 PM

thanks guys, btw if you couldnt they're mostly unfinished. was too lazy to finish the goblins mouth and earring. id say the dragon and mushroom are the closest to being finished.

@magpie: thanks yes im an amateur rn but im trying to apply myself and make it a full time job! these pieces werent meant to be exact copies of the in-game models or else theyd look pretty primitive. i considered making the stem coming out of his back to make it align better but alas i left it as is.

Kimmie 05-23-2018 08:22 PM

What pencil(s) are you using? Contrast could be kicked up a little bit on most of them. If you get some softer pencils or even just a wider variety, it'll help kick up your lights and darks. Of course, it could just be how they uploaded!

Overall, I like.... I agree, the bubs are nicely rendered ;) The dragon and fung are my favorite though. I vote for some clockwork mobs and/or a treant next~

Dothgar 05-24-2018 11:55 AM

im using a mechanical pencil. i have received that criticism before about my values being a bit too light but im trying to fix that. idk the dragon gets pretty dark by his legs and the mushroom man obv has a lot of contrast going on. theres this really cool tiny sharp eraser ill be getting soon called a mono zero eraser that should help with highlights, so ill make sure to get a darker pencil for the shadows when i go get it. thanks for the input ill consider making those

mickmoranis 05-24-2018 12:50 PM

neat drawings!

Wonkie 05-24-2018 02:05 PM

excuse me a dragon without wings is called a wyrm

please keep this in mind going forward

Dothgar 05-24-2018 04:52 PM

@sioux yes, im aware. it was actually the first i made after a really long break from art so it was kinda a warmup to get me inspired and working. since then, i have studied faces closer and im much more comfortable drawing them knowing the proportions and how the muscles interact with each other.

@wonkie ok but isnt a wyrm a type of dragon. all wyrms are dragons, but not all dragons are wyrms im pretty sure

MagpieRockyl 05-24-2018 04:56 PM

no, only a dragon is a dragon

wyrms are wyrms which are related to dragons

wyverns are bipedal dragonkin with flightless wings

wurms are quadrapedal dragonkin with no wings

it's like dogs and wolves. only wolves have wings. you see the difference now?