Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Dark Age of Camelot Uthgaard (classic type server like p99) (/forums/showthread.php?t=261963)

Turp 01-03-2017 10:44 PM

Dark Age of Camelot Uthgaard (classic type server like p99)

Whats up ,
They are finally launching the classic era DAoC server Uthgaard soon!
It has been a long wait since it was last announced. They have fixed a lot of bugs and removed exploits. The game should be fair and fun.
I am suspecting the server is going to be full (if that is possible? will it require people to wait in que?) or very packed at least for the first month.

I expect a lot of r99 to be playing since the PvP (RvR) in that era is decently balanced and with the mass population the keep battles will be very fun.
What about "bluebies" , was any of You going to be playing it? Looking to gauge what factions people will be playing. I know Midgard is going to have the most population , looking to maybe start a group (or guild if we have enough) of p99 players. Prefer to play Hib or Alb myself because of the zerg Mids will have.

Does anyone else have something setup guild / group wise and have people ready to go already?

If you didn't experience the game back in the day and even if you are not a fan of PvP it is still worth checking it out. It is free and has a EQ1 type feel.

Doors 01-04-2017 02:08 AM

Already made a thread about this.

Turp 01-04-2017 03:16 AM

I think due to the early announcement posted around 6 ish months ago. Has killed some of the hype. I forgot about it after not hearing anything for months.

+ a lot of people tried the beta and didn't enjoy it.
- To those people who did beta yet didn't plan on trying live. Don't judge a book by its cover )) aka beta experience! Give it a try when it launches. Beta was dead compared to what is coming. Beta was around 40-50 people but i bet the population will be huge @ launch. The devs have fixed a bunch of stuff and it should be a totally different experience when you play live launch vs the beta. Don't let the beta ruin your impressions. The game just isn't built for 50 people.

Roll the dice and try it out once it goes live!

Vote your class please - Discussion is in the other thread and looking to get an idea of what realm will have the majority of us p99 players...

JB_EQ 01-04-2017 03:51 AM

Does the server have a max number of players aloud on the server at oŅe time?
Is the max amount fair for all realms or is it random ?
If the max number of people per server was 1,500 people. Can it be 1,200 Midguard and the rest are minorities ? Or is each realm cutoff at a set number ? say 500 each.

Anyone know?
Does a max exist? If it does can anyone answer these Questions?

Swish 01-04-2017 04:11 AM

I know its lazy but can someone link the website for it? Interested in taking a look.

Turp 01-04-2017 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2436091)
I know its lazy but can someone link the website for it? Interested in taking a look.

https://uthgard.org/

JB_EQ 01-04-2017 06:37 AM

Will there be a maximum amount of clients?

Yes. Uthgard will launch with a hard cap for safety precautions. We will then gradually increase this if required in order to support as many people as possible. Please be patient with us with this. There will be a queuing system in place in order to help a fair inflow of connections. It should be noted that it is absolutely not our intention to lock anyone out from the game server, these precautions have been put in place to make sure we do not run in to any major issues. It is always best to be safe rather than sorry.

??is just a mistake reading ?? ? or this mean UTHGARD server has a uneven number player on each realms? the understanding is it says the first fastest gets on ????
it has hard cap limit enabled on for safety precautions
if server limit 1500 does this mean the first 1500 fastsest player wins no counts for the realm sizes. no track of realm numbers??

the midguard always are the populist Realm
if no change its first come first serve?? ought change its rule,, UTGHAARD can make Realms tied t hardcapped ! it fix the unfair and even all realms

One Tin Soldier 01-04-2017 11:34 AM

Ok, I have a question. I played some on the old Uthgaard server which was my first time playing DAOC. At that time I discovered that auto-training thing and I absolutely hated it. You know, that deal where you had to not train your key abilities until max level in order to get the extra training points for them. God I hated that.

So my question is: Did they take that stupidity out or does it still work that way?

Swish 01-04-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turp (Post 2436095)

Nice thanks, that youtube video on the main page is enticing... never played it because I was an EQ nerd who didn't want to leave my guild :rolleyes:

Worried that it's EA owned and they might pull it down but that's a risk anywhere, going to look into it :)

Bigdaddy47 01-04-2017 12:43 PM

It won't be pulled down, shit was up since like 2008 and went down 2 years ago to prepare for this relaunch. I'll be playing mid with every other noob facerolling fuck