Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Most Difficult Solo Mob (/forums/showthread.php?t=414602)

nilzark 02-02-2023 11:11 AM

Most Difficult Solo Mob

What is the most difficult, but technically soloable mob? Meaning, a single char, by themselves, with no assistance, can get to the mob and kill said mob with their own gear, spells, and abilities. What class, gear, spell, equipment combo is needed?

loramin 02-02-2023 12:07 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge is probably a good place to start.

nilzark 02-02-2023 12:18 PM

Ah, thus this topic already exists in the wiki. I'll have some reading to do. Thanks friend.

Valakut 02-02-2023 12:29 PM

its in the solo artist challenge but i think ragefire has gotta be near the top because you gotta be able to clear in solo and beat others at handing in to even get the spawn.

some of the other stuff its just about having spawn timer, get fte, and start kite/debuffing

AbstractVision 02-02-2023 01:00 PM

Almost certainly going to be an enchanter, in terms of overall power scale. However the most difficult mob possible for each class is going to change a lot.

Snaggles 02-02-2023 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbstractVision (Post 3566694)
Almost certainly going to be an enchanter, in terms of overall power scale. However the most difficult mob possible for each class is going to change a lot.

Yea minus a few tank/spank fights where a sham might shine (WW dragons) ench's take the win here by a longshot. Unless we are talking burning things like puppet strings and reapers.

DeathsSilkyMist 02-02-2023 03:45 PM

Yeah this is generally a question that has a different answer for each class. You also need to determine if using consumables like Puppet Strings is valid. Personally I don't think it is, since most people aren't going to spend that much money per kill. Puppet String kills are a category of their own in my opinion.

PatChapp 02-02-2023 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3566727)
Yea minus a few tank/spank fights where a sham might shine (WW dragons) ench's take the win here by a longshot. Unless we are talking burning things like puppet strings and reapers.

A couple mobs on that list can be enchanter solod but require reapers
Khelkar, chottal and prince dizok are all doable but you need to Reaper the pet.
Think should be their own category

Jimjam 02-02-2023 04:08 PM

Pretty sure it is decaying skeleton for dagger* level 1 erudite magician.

Normally takes a few deaths to get enough defence skill ups to survive it's melee!

strongNpretty 02-02-2023 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3566800)
Pretty sure it is decaying skeleton for dagger* level 1 erudite magician.

Normally takes a few deaths to get enough defence skill ups to survive it's melee!

Starting out Erudite and venturing into warrens is damn scary..