Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Blue server npc ganks newbie zones (/forums/showthread.php?t=357892)

Moberly 05-04-2020 05:54 PM

Blue server npc ganks newbie zones

So is this a part of the norm, while in the newb area in qeynos lvl 3 was ganked by a skelly after he killed me ? Took both bags and my 2 crates and filled to the brim. Now have nothing and have to start another character. Wasnt expecting this lol.

LoricL1222 05-04-2020 06:00 PM

npc dont take items

Moberly 05-04-2020 06:02 PM

im just asking since when i went to loot my corpse everything was gone, i was right next to the rez spot...

Gustoo 05-04-2020 07:23 PM

Dude you're making me think somehow you got discord full body item loot enabled and I'm all psyched now

but your body probably just disappeared buggy style / petition

mcoy 05-04-2020 08:16 PM

Type /corpse and see if you have any other corpses in the zone. Corpses (even under level 5) don't decay for at least 24 hours (I think - it might be the same 7 day timer). If there is, you can ask a nearby necro/sk/bard to locate it for you. If there isn't - petition and the admins can restore the corpse. They usually recover them to EC but maybe if you specify you're a naked level 3 they'll pop it back in Qeynos for you.

-Mcoy

-Mcoy

Moberly 05-04-2020 10:03 PM

thx, had created another toon, then ran across my corpse. Logged back into toon and was able to recover items. Must have been a glitch because it had disappeared earlier.

Sinistria 05-26-2020 08:10 AM

Any of you remember (if you played it) how dieing in UO was?

The screen turned black (like when you close you eyes)
Then turns up again in black & white, you see yourself standing in a grey robe next to your corpse and see your stuff beeing pulled (like floating over the screen) out of your corpse into the mobs inventory.

Richard Garriot is a funny guy :D

Jimjam 05-26-2020 08:26 AM

I'm gonna level with you, a level 3 character naked is better than a level 1 character with 5 bread, milk and a shortsword*.

Punch gnoll pups for a rusty dagger and get back on track.

loramin 05-26-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3134960)
I'm gonna level with you, a level 3 character naked is better than a level 1 character with 5 bread, milk and a shortsword*.

Punch gnoll pups for a rusty dagger and get back on track.

Work that unarmed skill ;)

But seriously OP, there's a "trick" you might want to use while you're starting. It will require giving up one of your six hotbar slots (if you're on Green; on Blue you get ten so it's less of a big deal), but it will pretty much guarantee that you can always find your corpse when you die.
  1. Make a macro that calls /loc and sense heading (you can call sense heading from a macro with /doability 1, if sense heading is your first ability)
  2. Put that macro in a hotbar slot
  3. Hit ALT + O to open the options, and click the Keys tab. On that tab find the key for whichever hotbar button you put your macro in, and bind it to the same key you use to turn left or right (eithe "a"/"d" or "left"/"right")

Now that you've done that, every time you press left (or right) you will log a "loc" (location coordinates) for where you just were. As an added bonus, you'll also attempt to Sense Heading, which will help you raise that skill. Now whenever you die unexpectedly, you'll have a loc from the last time you turned left/right, which should be very close to where you died, so you'll be able to find your corpse again.

Mblake81 05-26-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinistria (Post 3134958)
Any of you remember (if you played it) how dieing in UO was?

The screen turned black (like when you close you eyes)
Then turns up again in black & white, you see yourself standing in a grey robe next to your corpse and see your stuff beeing pulled (like floating over the screen) out of your corpse into the mobs inventory.

Richard Garriot is a funny guy :D

Speaking of UO, I have a newbie question. Something changed, or seemed to change, in the 2000s. I am not knowledgeable with this so.. was it voxels or just an artstyle change?

from this
https://i.imgur.com/mheNVXK.jpg?1

to something like this
https://i.imgur.com/6VoiZYX.jpg