Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   still getting the spells error (/forums/showthread.php?t=351256)

Sorcor 02-27-2020 03:46 PM

still getting the spells error

I have cleaned out and reinstalled twice now

I checked that all of the spells files are from the current patch and I still get the error in the character screen that my spell file is out of date

not sure what to do?

Sorcor 02-27-2020 08:55 PM

ok this is fixed now in game

vossiewulf 03-27-2020 10:46 PM

How was it fixed? I and partner installed v.53 update but are still getting spells file out of date error.

synnun 03-28-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vossiewulf (Post 3103217)
How was it fixed? I and partner installed v.53 update but are still getting spells file out of date error.

same

vossiewulf 03-28-2020 05:14 PM

Can we please get some help from the nice P99 team or anyone who can help? I've been through reinstalling everything three times following the instructions to the letter and yet I still get the spells file out of date error. And so does my partner with a completely different machine, and apparently Synnun has the same problem.

We managed to connect with a couple of our original 1999 EQ crew and would very much like to play together. They're waiting for us to be able to have working installs before they try it.

Also to rule out one thing, we haven't played Blue in years so there is no issue with competing spell files for two different time periods.

mantis502 03-30-2020 07:42 PM

Likewise. I have just finished an install and patch v.53 for EQ Titanium Edition and am getting this error also and would like to see a resolution to the problem so I can continue playing.

Thundaru 04-04-2020 02:43 PM

same issue

Anyone figure out the answer to this issue? Im still having it after clean install.

vossiewulf 04-04-2020 06:05 PM

Tap tap, this thing on? If 10% of people post there are a reasonable number of people here who seem to be completely unable to play. I would hope that at some point that this would take precedence over bugs for people actually able to play?

vossiewulf 04-05-2020 01:05 AM

Ok as an experiment, I made a new Gmail address and a new login server account with EQEmu, and tried that.

I got in fine, with the exact same install that is throwing the spells file error with my other account.

That really doesn't make much sense but there it is, somehow the client validation is giving wrong answers for certain accounts? I don't know why account data would be involved with client validation but I was getting nothing but spell file errors with one account and am not with the new account.

I was small enough in Green that it wouldn't kill me to start over, I was very rusty first time anyway. But I doubt that's a viable option for most of these people.

mantis502 04-05-2020 11:00 AM

An update for me.
I used an old archived EverQuest Titanium Edition folder from a previous installation and patched that. I was able to log and join a server without the error message.