Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Solo druid (/forums/showthread.php?t=360042)

lemonpantaloons 05-27-2020 09:09 PM

Solo druid

Hi all - I want to start a Druid and plan to mostly solo, likely 95% of the time due to my limited playtime. Will I have an easier time on blue or green? The community on green seems great but I wondered if the lower overall level of players means I’d be competing for camps or spawns versus blue. On blue would I even have the ability to group or duo if the opportunity arose?

Any thoughts or experiences from others?

loramin 05-27-2020 10:12 PM

Pretty much everything is easier on Blue (if not equal). You play on Green for the harder/more classic experience.

The only exception is finding groups on Blue might be a bit harder due to the lower population.

Neon Archie 05-28-2020 08:06 PM

You’re going to have a harder time finding mobs on green. Less zones, more players, and everyone knows where to go Plan to level off the beaten path or off prime time hours. Still doable on green though.

BlackBellamy 05-29-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonpantaloons (Post 3135929)
Hi all - I want to start a Druid and plan to mostly solo, likely 95% of the time due to my limited playtime. Will I have an easier time on blue or green? The community on green seems great but I wondered if the lower overall level of players means I’d be competing for camps or spawns versus blue. On blue would I even have the ability to group or duo if the opportunity arose?

Any thoughts or experiences from others?

If you want to hit 60* quicker and have BiS gear for cheap and have plenty of room to roam, it's not even a question. If literally 19 out of 20 hours of your playtime are going to be solo like you said, go Blue.

Reasons to go Green:

1) You're not going to be treated like Jason Newsted.
2) Two significant events to look forward to (Kunark & Velious)
3) Manastone remains quite affordable for an industrious Druid.
4) Ignorance level still so high you'll feel better about yourself.
5) You will have an opportunity to interact with me in-game and not know it.

ChooChoo Train 05-30-2020 09:10 AM

Green: your 7 months behind but can catch up if you work hard
Blue: your over 10 years behind good luck.

fastboy21 06-03-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train (Post 3137004)
Green: your 7 months behind but can catch up if you work hard
Blue: your over 10 years behind good luck.

I'd only play new on blue at this point if you have IRL friends you are joining that are already established.

sacman08 06-03-2020 04:58 PM

Both are fine servers to start on. The major rush of lowbie players on green is somewhat over, blue is active too.