Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Trading Hub (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Realtime auction logger (hourly refresh, may increase) (/forums/showthread.php?t=65187)

tristantio 02-17-2012 01:40 PM

Realtime auction logger (hourly refresh, may increase)

Hello all,

I have a new logger up at my site - unlike the wiki logger this is updated much more frequently and includes the actual /auc listings (one for each unique seller found).

You can view it at:

http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/

For this to show current info users will need to submit their logs in real time. To simplify that, I have added a Windows exe (as well as *nix shell scripts) that will scan your defined log directory and send in the newest lines of your logs to the auction server.

You will not need to refresh the page to view updated auctions, some javascript will handle that for you.

There is also a search box, this search accepts all types of regex arguments (if you are unfamiliar, I will list some common ones):

To see all auctions for sale of a certain item (in this case a flowing black silk sash), filter by some custom "sale" verbage and the item name, by typing the following into the search box:
Code:

(wts|sell|wtt).*(fbss|flowing black silk)
To see all auctions of people wanting to buy a FBSS, you could enter:
Code:

(wtb|buy).*(fbss|flowing black silk)
I still have my EQ Atlas mirror with restyling up at:

http://ahungry.com/eqatlas/

DOPE 02-17-2012 01:54 PM

VERY cool. I think the most useful part about this will be helping to link up with people selling what you need and vice versa. Nice work bruddah.

Swish 02-17-2012 02:13 PM

Excellent work indeed! Look forward to using it :)

bigforest 02-17-2012 02:27 PM

awesome work!

Flunklesnarkin 02-17-2012 02:31 PM

nice man.. thanks for the work.

is there a way to actually post WTS or WTB an item on your site?

maybe a way to list wares so when people search they see everybody who is currently trying to sell that item.

DoucLangur 02-17-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tristantio (Post 558505)
I will be providing a windows exe soon (open source) that you can run to automatically send a copy of your log file to my webservice (this will allow us to collect /auctions from zones outside EC and for times I'm actually playing and not idling in EC).

Be sure to post a link to the sourcecode so we can review it :) Giving people additional safety in executing your file.

Btw - if you can, please write your tool in a language that can be built with gnu compilers, allowing for builds on different platforms. I.e. no Visual whatever shit ;)

Lids 02-17-2012 02:44 PM

Good job! :)

tristantio 02-17-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucLangur (Post 558589)
Be sure to post a link to the sourcecode so we can review it :) Giving people additional safety in executing your file.

Btw - if you can, please write your tool in a language that can be built with gnu compilers, allowing for builds on different platforms. I.e. no Visual whatever shit ;)

I actually use Linux as my main machine, so it will definitely be standard C (only depenency is libcurl).

I actually have a one-liner using tail, grep and curl to send the updates from my machine currently (parsing done on my webserver courtesy of perl - I'll put up that source also).

Since requiring windows users to install a cygwin setup or something equally involved would have been too much work, I opted to write a compiled binary for them so they can fire and forget it (its still being worked on).

fischsemmel 02-17-2012 03:16 PM

/devil's advocate 1

Trist is gonna hack soooo many of your accounts.

/devil's advocate 0

Cool!

Slave 02-17-2012 03:55 PM

Sites do not seem to be up.