Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   RAID SUSPENSION RESOLUTIONS (/forums/showthread.php?t=369973)

Zipity 10-21-2020 07:02 AM

RAID SUSPENSION RESOLUTIONS

First and Foremost this isn’t in RnF for a reason. Please submit one or two serious ideas of a solution for the current raiding scene that you think might possibly be agreed upon across all parties. NO CSR or MAKE it Red or Rotate everything are not constructive. This is a serious thread for us to brainstorm on a player made agreement that will 1) lighten the load on GM involvement 2) create less petitions 3) keep this server fun and competitive without pseudo instancing.

enjchanter 10-21-2020 07:07 AM

psuedo instancing is the actual answer tho

Fammaden 10-21-2020 07:21 AM

Rotate...some things?

Prime candidates: ST, Tunare, AoW, all city leaders, Vulak, Dozekar, CT.

For the remainder of mobs institute FTE lockouts. Others who have very recently (mostly Freedom members I might add) proposed a lockout system would have better details on the nuts and bolts.

This meta of trains and standoffs in NToV simply has to end, and lockouts seem like one of the most direct and simple methods if we agree to preserve the so called "competitive" aspects. They rooted the dragons and the playerbase's response in service of your precious "competition" has been to create giant clusterfucks of controlled train behavior. No GM can figure this shit out fairly from grainy fraps and screenshots, half the time the guilds in question can't even determine who's at fault for what since everyone's a millisecond from utter chaos anyway.

Somewhat related, I'd add that "unroot dragons" is also not constructive, though I'd disagree with you that rotating the majority of content isn't a constructive road to walk.

Dirkus 10-21-2020 07:27 AM

Instances

Zipity 10-21-2020 07:28 AM

My suggestion is FTE race for a 45 minute lockout on a mob. Vulak would need special consideration.

Dreenk317 10-21-2020 07:31 AM

Id honestly love to see a hybrid rotation system, similar to what Fammaden suggested.

But moreover, crying wolf punishments need to be real, and have teeth. If I file a petition against guild A, for violating a rule, and it turns out they didn't violate that rule, my guild should get a one week suspension, simple as that. I feel it wouod take a lot of the petty raid crap off the table, because it wouldn't be worth being wrong. As of now, filing a false/wrong/petty petition has no consequence.

I want to see a count of the number of petitions filed by each guild over the last month or two. Let's put it in real perspective.

Zipity 10-21-2020 07:37 AM

Race for FTE, whoever gets yellow text, their guild has 1.5hr to kill that mob uncontested. Racers must die or flop to not train after FTE. You cannot FTE anything new until your mob is dead or time expires. If FTE is on vulak and a lord/lady spawns timer instantly resets. Rotate tunare and ringwar. This keeps it competitive and would drastically cut CSR involvement.

Fammaden 10-21-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreenk317 (Post 3196155)
Id honestly love to see a hybrid rotation system, similar to what Fammaden suggested.

But moreover, crying wolf punishments need to be real, and have teeth. If I file a petition against guild A, for violating a rule, and it turns out they didn't violate that rule, my guild should get a one week suspension, simple as that. I feel it wouod take a lot of the petty raid crap off the table, because it wouldn't be worth being wrong. As of now, filing a false/wrong/petty petition has no consequence.

I want to see a count of the number of petitions filed by each guild over the last month or two. Let's put it in real perspective.

Petitionquest is a major factor in what got us here, adding more conditions on petitionquest doesn't seem like a reasonable path back out. Everything you try to do can and will be manipulated by the human actors involved in the system. Continuing to complicate the ramifications of petitioning doesn't create a less toxic atmosphere IMO.

supercalif 10-21-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreenk317 (Post 3196155)

I agree with this, similar to sports you get charged a timeout for a challenge if it doesn’t get overturned.

gamarun 10-21-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipity (Post 3196157)
Race for FTE, whoever gets yellow text, their guild has 1.5hr to kill that mob uncontested. Racers must die or flop to not train after FTE. You cannot FTE anything new until your mob is dead or time expires. If FTE is on vulak and a lord/lady spawns timer instantly resets. Rotate tunare and ringwar. This keeps it competitive and would drastically cut CSR involvement.

Successful petitions = 1 week raid suspension from all content.

Do this and a failed petition = 1 week raid suspension from all raid content. Stops petitions in their tracks unless its absolutely clear (in which case it will probably be resolved on its own)