Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   How about this weather eh? (/forums/showthread.php?t=336638)

Coridan 10-17-2019 08:12 AM

How about this weather eh?

So I've noticed in the game (Blue and Green) it rans a fucking lot. I don't mind the sound effects or anything but it's annoying as a whole. I saw some threads from like 2013 that it was an issue with EQEmulator and there was hope of fixing it.

Was it fixed and this is how it's supposed to be, or is it still way too often and there's no hopes of fixing it? Or did it just get forgotten about as we all got used to it? It shouldn't be raining in East Freeport for over an hour.

Deathrydar 10-17-2019 08:16 AM

Yeah, it rains too often and for way too long! But, I believe there is nothing that can be done about it. I remember all of the WoW private servers I played on, it rained in the zones it could rain in, constantly. For hours and hours and hours. And I used to tell people that's not how it is supposed to be and that it rains too often in these zones.

Fast forward to classic WoW, and players were wondering if the weather effects were even implemented cause they didn't see rain for a couple of days. It was then that I learned form a couple of private WoW server devs that they could never alter the weather effects code, and it was broken on every private server.

It is probably the same here...

Byrjun 10-17-2019 08:19 AM

I played for a few hours last night and I'm pretty sure it never stopped raining in Toxxulia the entire time.

uygi 10-17-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrjun (Post 2988262)
I played for a few hours last night and I'm pretty sure it never stopped raining in Toxxulia the entire time.

Working as intended, Tox was never designed to be played in...

Fammaden 10-17-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coridan (Post 2988254)
I don't mind the sound effects or anything

That's the biggest thing I DO mind. Even in classic its the thunder more than the graphics or visibility. Can't it ever JUST rain on Norrath without thunder too? There has to be thunder every time constantly. Never lightning, but just thunder thunder thunder with every drop of rain.

Deathrydar 10-17-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fammaden (Post 2988614)
That's the biggest thing I DO mind. Even in classic its the thunder more than the graphics or visibility. Can't it ever JUST rain on Norrath without thunder too? There has to be thunder every time constantly. Never lightning, but just thunder thunder thunder with every drop of rain.

Did you ever download Duxa's fix for the thunder? I had to take my headphones off every time it rained until I did.

loramin 10-17-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Can't it ever JUST rain on Norrath without thunder too? There has to be thunder every time constantly. Never lightning, but just thunder thunder thunder with every drop of rain.

It is that way because Karana wills it! ;)

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Karana.PNG

Fammaden 10-17-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathrydar (Post 2988619)
Did you ever download Duxa's fix for the thunder? I had to take my headphones off every time it rained until I did.

No, but I just googled and found which sound asset files to delete so I guess this is over for me.

Verityn 10-17-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Yeah I have to turn the sound down to 5% just to hear my Netflix video.

solidious77 10-17-2019 01:27 PM

I recall a post about this years ago - there is a program that can find the specific thunder.wav file -- you can delete it or change it to any .wav you want.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-12623.html