Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   So... How classic do you want it? (/forums/showthread.php?t=334391)

Cen 09-22-2019 12:20 AM

Its not classic to need a button called spells though wasting that slot the red book was there on day 1 :p

vetia 09-22-2019 12:27 AM

LOL YESSSS BRING IT

Nagoya 09-22-2019 12:39 AM

the more i learn about green, the more i think my body is not ready lol.
for both live EQ and Blue99 I arrived on Kunark release.
the early days were pretty hardcore. may all the gods of EQ have mercy on our souls.

Secrets 09-22-2019 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danth (Post 2965350)
It wasn't totally clear in the video, but in addition to the screen-consuming spellbook, can you enforce players of level <35 to have to have the spellbook open in order to meditate?

Danth

Last I talked to Rogean that was the plan, until the patch that removed that functionality.

Jibartik 09-22-2019 01:30 AM

35 will actually feel like a huge reward and that will make it all worth it.

Zeboim 09-22-2019 01:33 AM

This is the one classic feature that I truly dreaded, far more than any other.

Sahazar 09-22-2019 01:45 AM

Oh my! Yessss!!

Halfcell 09-22-2019 01:56 AM

The problem with this is it isn't something that will just go away. If memory serves the spellbook to level 35 thing was in EQ until just before the release of Luclin. If this is implemented, it will be the case for then entire life of the server. Every mana based character, forever will have to do this.

I get that it's classic, but it's boring, and shitty, and an irritating roadblock to the enjoyment of the game. It's also purposeless, there is no benefit, no added enjoyment, and no good reason why it was ever included in the first place.

You might think it's cool, for the novelty, but two and a half years from now when you are still staring at your spellbook on your new cleric alt, a class which does nothing but med, at all times, you are going to be pretty damn tired of it.

If the devs decide to put this in, there is nothing we can do about it, but for the love of god dont encourage this. I go camping to get the feeling of roughing it back in the old days, but I don't give myself dysentery just for added realism.

Sillyturtle 09-22-2019 02:01 AM

There gets a point where you are just making things shitty.

I don't want to have to stare at a book just to regen mana. I already have to sit down forever to regen, why are you making me not want to play at all? I was so pumped and every new thing that gets added just makes me not want to play.

Every fanboy that's going OMG YES to this change is going to fucking hate it after the first day.

Jimjam 09-22-2019 02:05 AM

is that a social macro with /viewport and /book?