Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Best. Server. Ever. (/forums/showthread.php?t=190619)

loramin 04-25-2015 07:03 PM

Best. Server. Ever.

TLDR: 20+ incredibly generous people I don't even know just took an hour out of their Saturday morning to help me get my epic. Blue is amazing.

So, today this happened:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/4J...bE0=w1896-h791

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/0s...FcU=w1896-h791

*INSERT SCREENSHOT OF A GIANT RAID FORCE THAT I FAILED TO TAKE*

*INSERT SCREENSHOT OF LORD RAK'ASHIR CORPSE (THAT I ALSO FAILED TO TAKE)*

And then this happened:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/j5...NM4=w1896-h791

But the crazy thing is, I don't have any real ties to any of the people who came! And to make matters even crazier, when I tried to give out the (pathetically low) rewards I had promised, the majority turned them down! In what other game sever, let alone EverQuest server, would so many people be so incredibly generous?

Here's a partial list of who came (I wish it was complete, but things were very hectic, so I apologize in advance to anyone I missed):
  • Auena
  • Busuuyiph
  • Blueogre
  • Cloki
  • Daldaen
  • Darksage
  • Dodgethis
  • Dullard
  • Gehde
  • Grishnahk
  • Inik
  • Junias
  • Kiago
  • Majestar
  • Menolee
  • Qwarrawq
  • Rento
  • Sage
  • Seltius
  • Snudge
  • Voranik
  • Zabor
  • Zyryn

Thank you so much to everyone on that list for helping; it really meant the world to me. Extra thanks to Daldaen for selling me a tear at a very reasonable price, to Anonomous for offering to come without even knowing I was in the guild, and to Omni (Cloki in particular) for coming out in force AND helping lead the raid (again, despite not having any ties at all to me).

There really is something special about the Blue server community, and today I got to see it in action. Thank you so much to everyone for helping today, and if anyone on the server ever needs a Shaman to help with something just let me know (after today I have so much kharmic debt it will take years to pay back ;)).

Nubben 04-25-2015 07:07 PM

Based on the topic title, I thought this was going to be a post about Mithaniel Marr! Just kidding, congrats on the epic. This is what EverQuest is all about.

loramin 04-25-2015 07:07 PM

P.S. Looks like Sage got a shot of Rak's corpse, in this thread. Thanks Sage.

khanable 04-25-2015 07:13 PM

awe you got it done, congrats pal!

Voland 04-25-2015 07:34 PM

Links don't work, getting 403 error.

Itap 04-25-2015 08:15 PM

Grats man!

Daldaen <3

citizen1080 04-25-2015 08:21 PM

Congratz sir! It's two bad my red tear ploy didn't work...you could always have 2 shamans!

wormed 04-25-2015 08:32 PM

Congrats my friend. :)

Pscottdai 04-25-2015 08:40 PM

Grats Loramin! Sadly I could not make it due to being on the other side of the world irl (and asleep) when this went down. Glad it happened for you though !

GreldorEQ 04-25-2015 09:02 PM

That list is a fine one, indeed, Cheers!