Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Why not a monthly open raid event for the server? (/forums/showthread.php?t=390884)

tadkins 08-31-2021 06:08 PM

Why not a monthly open raid event for the server?

Probably going to get dumped on for suggesting this but I think it would be pretty awesome. It would be a good thing for the server overall and open up content to many folks who otherwise would never have the opportunity.

Could have something like, during a Saturday of the last week of each month, have a targeted quake for a specific raid zone separate from the main scene. The zone that gets targeted would be announced a day in advance. A GM would host the raid for that day and anyone meeting the minimum level requirement can join in. Griefing would be stamped out and punished. Loot would be an open roll and once the raid is cleared, everything goes back to normal for the guilds involved in the main scene until the next month.

It would just make things feel more inclusive, and a lot less oppressive and depressing for those not lucky enough to be in the top guilds. If P99 is supposed to be a museum, this would be a museum everyone can buy tickets for and enter.

I just think it would be cool, that's all.

Baler 08-31-2021 07:51 PM

All raids should be Open.

Jeni 08-31-2021 07:57 PM

Sorry but me and the boys who created our own test server to "race" over 1500+ times for different mobs don't really think this is fair. We made sacrifices, quit our jobs, moved back into our parents basements to become professional EverQuest players and now every amateur feels entitled to what we earned? Not everyone can be a winner sorry.

tadkins 08-31-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeni (Post 3354797)
Sorry but me and the boys who created our own test server to "race" over 1500+ times for different mobs don't really think this is fair. We made sacrifices, quit our jobs, moved back into our parents basements to become professional EverQuest players and now every amateur feels entitled to what we earned? Not everyone can be a winner sorry.

Why does it have to be like that though? I just want to see what Dragon Necropolis and Plane of Hate looks like before I die and maybe have the opportunity to earn something that can't just be bought in the EC tunnel. I don't think I'm asking for the world here.

Tunabros 08-31-2021 08:21 PM

Seal Team did a pro gamer move and now we have bag limits

FYI anyone can go to plane of hate and dragon necropolis, you new to this game?

tadkins 08-31-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3354812)
FYI anyone can go to plane of hate and dragon necropolis, you new to this game?

You need friends to go further than the entrances of those places, not to mention a willing wizard for the former. Probably even the latter too because of siren's grotto.

In many ways, yes I am new to the game. The only dungeons I am confident in are crushbone and blackburrow. I only came close to reaching endgame levels once but gave up because I couldn't find groups as a wizard.

Tunabros 08-31-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadkins (Post 3354821)
You need friends to go further than the entrances of those places, not to mention a willing wizard for the former. Probably even the latter too because of siren's grotto.

In many ways, yes I am new to the game. The only dungeons I am confident in are crushbone and blackburrow. I only came close to reaching endgame levels once but gave up because I couldn't find groups as a wizard.

Any casual guild can go into plane of hate

tadkins 08-31-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3354825)
Any casual guild can go into plane of hate

They don't seem to, though. The last guild I was in straight up said it wasn't going to do it or PoSky anymore for a long time if ever again, when Velious hit, just as I finally reached plane eligible levels.

Just want the opportunity to fight my favorite deity one time in my life.

Tunabros 08-31-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadkins (Post 3354829)
They don't seem to, though. The last guild I was in straight up said it wasn't going to do it or PoSky anymore for a long time if ever again, when Velious hit, just as I finally reached plane eligible levels.

Just want the opportunity to fight my favorite deity one time in my life.

then join a raiding guild and work up on that raid gear

no free lunch on this server

can't expect for the top guilds on the server to just give you free loot

tadkins 08-31-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3354842)
then join a raiding guild and work up on that raid gear

no free lunch on this server

can't expect for the top guilds on the server to just give you free loot

What do I do if they don't invite me though? That's the whole crux of all of this, you can want to raid all you want and be willing to work hard but you're still at the mercy of the top guilds being willing to even invite you or not. Having a monthly open raid will give folks the opportunity even when guild politics don't work out.