Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Druid gear: Cloak (/forums/showthread.php?t=323581)

Larkverdin 04-21-2019 01:13 AM

Druid gear: Cloak

Just seeing what the thought is with the new Chardok 2.0 gear coming out. Ol' faithful or the newcomer?

Iksar Hide Cape:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar_Hide_Cape

vs.

Hierophant's Cloak
http://wiki.project1999.com/Hierophant%27s_Cloak

Man0warr 04-21-2019 01:42 AM

Iksar. Cheaper and the stats you lose don't matter.

snyder43 04-22-2019 12:57 PM

WIS, STA, STR, and CHA are all useful stats for a druid, so I want to say get a Hiero Cloak. That being said, what does the rest of your gear look like atm? Do you have a Magelo page?

Personally, I wouldn't drop 6-7k on a 75/75 item unless I had much cheaper HP/Mana items already, like the 35/25 earrings, 65/65 necklace, and 65 HP rings. Also, if I had 6-7k to spend, I could probably save another 6-7k to get the Hiero Cloak.

If you can afford a Hiero Cloak, could you buy the 75/75 cloak instead, and use the 6-7k that you have left for other items upgrades that would give you more of a benefit than the +4 stats from the Hiero Cloak? Maybe a Lumi Staff and ES Vambracers?

Darkatar 04-22-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snyder43 (Post 2898155)
STA, STR, and CHA are useful stats for a druid

Could you elaborate on this? Sta is worth 3hp per 1stam at LV60. Even over 200wis 1wis is worth something like 3.6mana@60 iirc.

CHA Is used by druids for...what? Animal lull? :/ vendor prices? Because druid charm does not use CHA.

And str...why would a druid need to gear str? carry weight? They even get a strbuff.

Edit : To actually answer OP, My vote is Lodi on the back!

snyder43 04-22-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkatar (Post 2898179)
Could you elaborate on this? Sta is worth 3hp per 1stam at LV60. Even over 200wis 1wis is worth something like 3.6mana@60 iirc.

4 STA is 12 HP at level 60. It's not much, and it may never save you from a death. But stats add up. For example, a PLing druid probably wants to go for a HP build over anything else. This High HP druid Magelo page has a druid with +90 STA, which equates to 270 HP at level 60. (Note: I don't think most druids are going to look at getting the Eyepatch, Shoulders, or Cord, but this only results in a reduction of 5 STA.)

WIS from 1-200 results in 12 mana/WIS at 60 (I think; I'll have to check when I get home).
WIS >200 is half that, so 6 mana/WIS at 60 (assuming I'm right above).

Is an extra 24-48 mana going to make or break you? Probably not, but the argument holds that your stats are cumulative. If you ignore +4 WIS in one slot, whynot ignore it in every slot?

Quote:

CHA Is used by druids for...what? Animal lull? :/ vendor prices? Because druid charm does not use CHA.

Yes! Just animal lull. I found out the hard way that a druid with low CHA has a very hard time breaking the bottom bear pits in Permafrost. I actually ended up having a bag of cheap CHA gear that I would swap in just to break the bottom pit. Once I left the pits I never used it again, but I am assuming that the OP is still leveling, and if he wants the fastest way to 60 he's gonna end up in the bear pits from 56+.

Quote:

And str...why would a druid need to gear str? carry weight? They even get a strbuff.

I am a hoarder.

Quote:

Edit : To actually answer OP, My vote is Lodi on the back!

Can the OP afford a Lodi Shield? IMO it is really useful in raid environments due to the resists, but for most things I prefer my Hiero Cloak.

Darkatar 04-22-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snyder43 (Post 2898210)
4 STA is 12 HP at level 60. It's not much, and it may never save you from a death. But stats add up.

If you ignore +4 WIS in one slot, whynot ignore it in every slot?

My intent wasn't to ignore stats, but the statement of
Quote:

Originally Posted by snyder43
STA, STR, and CHA are useful stats for a druid

Seemed really misleading when not addressing Wis or raw mana or resists.

Quote:

I found out the hard way that a druid with low CHA has a very hard time breaking the bottom bear pits in Permafrost.

Maybe things have changed down in bear pits, but when I did my 54-60 in bear pits nothing pulled in a group of more than 2 so I never even resorted to lull personally.

Quote:

I am a hoarder.

Start collecting tink bags and toolboxes imo.

Quote:

Can the OP afford a Lodi Shield?

If someone has the means to get a hiero cloak they probably have the means to get a Lodi.

Crawdad 04-22-2019 05:12 PM

Hiero if you have the money, iksar if not. Iksar cape's easier to get for the random druid who might want to earn it. Dogs to charm, easy to get to, not a bad spot to have an evac at.

Troxx 04-22-2019 10:43 PM

For the price difference I’d go with the new cloak. +4 wis/stam not worth 10k more in cost.

sacman08 04-23-2019 04:12 AM

I’d take stats over saves any day of the week unless you need the saves in your cape slot for raid requirements. Plus 4 WIS is nice too so Hierophant cape would be the better choice.

Larkverdin 04-24-2019 02:14 PM

Here's my newly created Magelo page for reference: http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Larkverdin

At the moment, I'm leaning towards the Iksar cape for both the price difference as well as the saves it presents. If I'm honest, it's mostly the price. If we were talking 7k vs. 10k, I might be more tempted by the Hiero Cloak. But at double the price, I'm finding it a hard pill to swallow for the very small gain. I can afford it, but I'm not rich by any means. It took me a couple of months to be able to afford my Lodi Shield that I just bought the other day, so realistically it would be a little bit before I saved up another 14k.

As far as my logic for the Lodi Shield on my secondary (since I know it'll be a question) vs. my back. I figured whether it went in either slot, the other item Iksar Cape/Hiero Cloak for the back, or Orb of Infinite Void for the shield, it was going to net me roughly the same amount of mana either way. So for me, it was a fashionquest choice. Gotta be happy staring at them pixels.