Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   history question (/forums/showthread.php?t=366120)

Solusekro 08-19-2020 11:43 AM

history question

What was the best class for pvp on red? The most powerful.

Thanks

Tassador 08-19-2020 12:42 PM

Human warrior with eye patch face hands down.

Videri 08-19-2020 03:20 PM

All-dex Iksar monk with a T-staff and full buffs.

Bigsham 08-19-2020 06:10 PM

situational

but id say wizard outdoor monk indoor assuming knows how to play or t staff

rogue if a group of melee in someplace like charasis or seb

A Knight 08-20-2020 12:14 AM

Im not the best pvper but I would say necro is the best without gear. I almost killed a guy twinked once by just life taping him. (Magic damage and hard to resist.) Enchanter may be tied with necro. I can not verify this but I did get owned by an enchanter once and I hear occasionally that they are underrated. Bards, druids and mages should all be good too. I think wizards are good at sniping. In groups i have often been attacked by wizards hiding high up in MM or City of Mist. But usually if you chase them away they will log. But they may kill one or two of your group members first. With gear Sk and Ranger should be very good too. I have heard shamans can become very powerful with very high end gear. I think everyone else is just part of group combat. Like i said I am not a pvp expert and may have only killed one person on red.

DRAGONBAIT 08-21-2020 02:47 PM

shaman anytime, anywhere, any gear.

DRAGONBAIT 08-21-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Knight (Post 3172117)
(Magic damage and hard to resist.) .

magic dmg is the easiest to resist, since everyone will focus on mr in the first place, lifetaps on the other hand, along with some other spells are unresistable if i recall correctly

PD: enchanter has all the tools to be top1, but hes weak tho, need to be played properly, there are easier classes, in the end any class can outplay the enemy, everquest is about tools available and situation readiness

A Knight 08-21-2020 05:11 PM

oh. When I almost beat the guy i think i told someone about it and they said that lifetap is an exception in that it cant be resisted even with like 100 or 120 plus magic resist. Maybe not that much but like 75 plus or something. I'm aware though that everyone maxes magic. I dont remember my max magic resist ever but it should have been over 100. I want to say 120 or more, not sure if thats possible though.

Oh i reread your comment and thought u said something else.

Jibartik 08-21-2020 05:48 PM

I seen a lot of videos of 1 rogue ending a raid night so idk, that seems pretty powerful.

Bigsham 08-21-2020 08:24 PM

most rogues are garbagio