Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Why do guilds use DKP? (/forums/showthread.php?t=377384)

whyyoukickmydog 01-28-2021 04:49 PM

So imagine this scenario. You play a monk and have been trying for a Gharn's for years. Some monk that joined yesterday attends his first Vulak raid, and win's a Gharn's isntead of you because RNGeeezus blessed his roll that day.

How would you feel?

strongNpretty 01-28-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyyoukickmydog (Post 3251076)
So imagine this scenario. You play a monk and have been trying for a Gharn's for years. Some monk that joined yesterday attends his first Vulak raid, and win's a Gharn's isntead of you because RNGeeezus blessed his roll that day.

How would you feel?

The same as if i've been in a LCY group for 3 hours, player leaves, new player joins, T staff drops, new player rolls. Wins..

karadin 01-28-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

why add a complex currency system to add to the stress?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evia (Post 3251054)
I never said dkp was complex

You literally said those words...

Daloon 01-28-2021 04:57 PM

It eliminates favoritism and conspiracies of favoritism.

Cassawary 01-28-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daloon (Post 3251086)
It eliminates favoritism and conspiracies of favoritism.

Who does dkp favor?

reznor_ 01-28-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3251052)
long time raider in guild: grinds out and always shows up on time and excellent performance

new player who just joined guild yesterday: no experience and a newb

>cool item drops

>hey guys lets random instead of DKP

new player gets it

>ez clap

QED. You want to random on stuff that takes a combined effort, go fuck off to diablo 3 or WoW. Even when I didn't play as much (thanks Covid) I felt this way. I was a 40% raider and saved up my dkp to buy stuff. The people who put in the effort in (the high attendance folks) deserve the items they buy with their dkp, because it takes work!

Re: the argument about losing a gharns vs losing a t-staff, not even in the same order of magnitude, though I understand the sentiment. Any chucklefuck can get in LCY. Vulak in this meta is a cruel master.

Evia 01-28-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karadin (Post 3251084)
You literally said those words...

Ok, yeah. What I meant is it adds a complexity that is not needed not that the system itself is a complex one.

arsenalpow 01-28-2021 05:01 PM

Every loot system is bad in some fashion.

Seen a lot of guilds on WoW doing things like soft reserves with prio points and EP/GP which seem pretty fair.

whyyoukickmydog 01-28-2021 05:01 PM

They don't even random in WoW.....and there's a reason they don't, all the best players would nope the F out of there.

reznor_ 01-28-2021 05:04 PM

I agree. No system is perfect, but DKP seems relatively balanced as long as the implementors can keep a handle on inflation and try to match incoming vs. outgoing dkp.

OP, you might want to consider joining TSS. They use a slightly modified /random on their raid loot.