Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New World (/forums/showthread.php?t=390682)

Tethler 09-25-2021 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3367250)
How come you can't play a bear in NW?

How come you can't play a regular person on the p99 forums?

starkind 09-25-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 3367310)
How come you can't play a regular person on the p99 forums?

Most of my friends and family blame Eve. Although I feel that is mostly allegorical and corrupted myth. Lilith is a good contender.

If you want to be technical, I was actually probe-ably engineered to be a Jesus clone or supersoldier or something, yet, entropy, fate, made me this way instead.

Anyway. It's probably best to not overthink it.

NWorlds name is pretty offensive to me. As well as it's deeply Asian influences. In character design. Modeling. The architecture. Everything is fairly offensive.

As someone who grew up in west, out in Utah. I feel like it's a mockery of everything good about the turn of the century western Amerucan frontier.

Maybe the superwierdwokeness of it is it's strange attempt at multiculturalism that falls as flat on its face as some monolithic weird Amish homocultrurism. (Homogeneous)

Tethler 09-25-2021 10:49 AM

What a weird take. Give me some examples of what is offensive.

The premise of the game is kinda like a bermuda triangle-esque place in the ocean that catches random ships and shipwrecks them on the island during the colonial era, hence the name and the available weapons, like musket.

It's definitely not turn of the century, unless you mean like 1800. They drew on several cultural themes because ships from various cultures would presumably be trapped there.

I think you're just way overthinking things.

Homesteaded 09-25-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3367350)
Most of my friends and family blame Eve. Although I feel that is mostly allegorical and corrupted myth. Lilith is a good contender.

If you want to be technical, I was actually probe-ably engineered to be a Jesus clone or supersoldier or something, yet, entropy, fate, made me this way instead.

Anyway. It's probably best to not overthink it.

Main character syndrome in full-effect.

starkind 09-25-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homesteaded (Post 3367396)
Main character syndrome in full-effect.

At least I am not just another NPC in some CCP friendly colonialism simulation.

Tethler 09-26-2021 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3367412)
colonialism simulation.

:rolleyes:

Shawk 09-28-2021 12:09 AM

Have fun everyone who is playing this. The rest of you maybe just fuck off and let people enjoy something?

starkind 09-28-2021 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawk (Post 3368333)
Have fun everyone who is playing this. The rest of you maybe just fuck off and let people enjoy something?

There's only 1 person here offering their own critical analysis. U can ezily ignore them or even agree and enjoy the game still.

Sometimes I play solitaire and tic tac toe by myself 2 :p

Shawk 09-28-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3368407)
There's only 1 person here offering their own critical analysis. U can ezily ignore them or even agree and enjoy the game still.

Sometimes I play solitaire and tic tac toe by myself 2 :p

1 person? person? now that is a debate.

Jibartik 09-28-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3367412)
At least I am not just another NPC in some CCP friendly colonialism simulation.

lol

Ima play but this zinger is legendary