Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stunned when bash misses... (/forums/showthread.php?t=327803)

Pryda 06-14-2019 05:06 AM

Stunned when bash misses...

I'm consistently getting stunned by mobs when their bash misses. Is this classic/velious or a bug?

An example would be something like this:

A skeleton tries to bash you but misses
A skeleton hits you 17 points of damage

That's not from my combat log before some nit-picker complains. Just an example of what happens to me often. One round of a hit+bash. The bash misses but I still get stunned. This happens A LOT. Often enough I'm here posting about it on the forums.

Classic or bug that I should be reporting?

Dolalin 06-14-2019 06:05 AM

NPCs have a chance on each hit *from behind* to make a stunning blow. It's a recent classic change.

However I *think* they are also getting a chance to get a stunning blow on a miss. I haven't got proof though, I only thought I saw it once or twice. Could use more investigation.

Pryda 06-14-2019 06:29 AM

I didn't know about the stuns from behind. I'm always getting stunned like crazy while running. I've always chalked it up to being bashed though. I never checked the combat log for that.

I'm still confident I've been getting stunned from the front though as well though. I don't have proof or anything. But I've found myself wishing I was an ogre for frontal stun immunity a bunch of times... then I notice the bash missed but I was still stunned and being very confused+annoyed.

turbosilk 06-14-2019 08:08 AM

Just being hit from the front can stun you as well. Unless you're an ogre.

jolanar 06-15-2019 06:00 PM

Are they stunning you or just interrupting your spells? Because those are different things.

Brocode 06-17-2019 03:53 AM

if its hitting from the back, its accurate, theres a chance of stun called Stunning Blow patched in the last patch. Noticeable alot more when you have a train/swarm behind you.

Also wondered if it was a bug, but devs confirmed classic.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=321051