Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   What would you recommend to a brand new Warrior? (/forums/showthread.php?t=301693)

DinoTriz 07-01-2018 06:05 PM

What would you recommend to a brand new Warrior?

Tips, gearing, etc.

I've read all the guides on the Wiki, so I understand the general tips but what would you recommend to a brand new Warrior?

I'm looking into getting some threat-generating weapons, but not sure which ones are the best early on.

Bummey 07-01-2018 08:05 PM

I recommend reading this thread and understanding the responsibilities, encounter awareness, and everything else that a tank should have under their immediate control.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=298991

Value 07-01-2018 08:18 PM

Warrior are plat intensive to gear up.

But if you really want to walk this path. Try to grab some Low level proc weapons that start from 1 or 10. Your taunt button not going to help much at the start

Grab a haste belt

Deck yourself with at least banded armor

Improve your gear as you go along.

Value 07-01-2018 08:21 PM

For level 1 proc , smouldering brand and venomous axe of the brood

fortior 07-02-2018 04:14 AM

I left out stuff like fungi etc because if you have that kind of money you should know what to do. I'm not a super experienced warrior or anything but I rolled up one on a very low budget, did my research/asked around and this is what I got.

What you want: threat (doesn't matter during 1-15 at all IMO), AC, health.

1k budget:
Weapon: 2x obsidian shard (or any other proccing weapon) or green jade broadsword/proc weapon or staff of battle, try to get something for 400pp
Armor: Banded, see if you can get a set for free, else 100pp or so
Rings: 2x 55/5 rings (I got a set for 375 but prolly 400-500pp)

5k budget: Add haste belt or SCHW (I would get SCHW since cheaper, but if you have the money belt is probably better), upgrade proccing weapons

Next: regen (iksar bp probably the best higher-end option), movespeed (jboots will save your ass, but SoW potions/friendly shaman until then)

Most important gear piece: headband of +1 social skills, because soloing as a warrior without fungi/iksar bp is extremely painful. And keep your weapon skills leveled up, don't be that guy with zero 2hb at lv20.

DinoTriz 07-02-2018 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortior (Post 2733295)
I left out stuff like fungi etc because if you have that kind of money you should know what to do. I'm not a super experienced warrior or anything but I rolled up one on a very low budget, did my research/asked around and this is what I got.

What you want: threat (doesn't matter during 1-15 at all IMO), AC, health.

1k budget:
Weapon: 2x obsidian shard (or any other proccing weapon) or green jade broadsword/proc weapon or staff of battle, try to get something for 400pp
Armor: Banded, see if you can get a set for free, else 100pp or so
Rings: 2x 55/5 rings (I got a set for 375 but prolly 400-500pp)

5k budget: Add haste belt or SCHW (I would get SCHW since cheaper, but if you have the money belt is probably better), upgrade proccing weapons

Next: regen (iksar bp probably the best higher-end option), movespeed (jboots will save your ass, but SoW potions/friendly shaman until then)

Most important gear piece: headband of +1 social skills, because soloing as a warrior without fungi/iksar bp is extremely painful. And keep your weapon skills leveled up, don't be that guy with zero 2hb at lv20.

Thanks for the help!

I ended up cannibalizing my Ranger alt. I have a Venomous Axe of Velium Brood, and a 2hd slash/blunt to train. Two 5/55 rings, SCHW, and assortment of Mithril armor, etc.

I'm probably okay for now, although I do have some empty slots that I'll just fill with Bronze or something.

Not sure what I'll get for a second procing weapon. Thinking about Frostbringer or WESS. Maybe buy looting rights for an Infestation.

fortior 07-03-2018 04:11 AM

Not to hijack your topic, but I don't think this deserves its own thread. I started a new warrior as well (18 iksar now) and someone gave me a Velium Swiftblade, so I'm currently using that in my offhand with the best ratio weapon I have in my main hand. I know good ratio high delay weapons profit the most from low-med haste, so I'm wondering whether I'd be better off selling the Swiftblade and going SCHW + staff of battle instead. The math says no (at least r/n), but I don't know how things are in the long term.

Also to the OP, everyone I know who's experienced tells me being a warrior at 50 without a 100k bankroll sucks ass, but I think you have plenty of farming capable alts right?

DinoTriz 07-03-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortior (Post 2734045)
Also to the OP, everyone I know who's experienced tells me being a warrior at 50 without a 100k bankroll sucks ass, but I think you have plenty of farming capable alts right?

Yeah, I've read up more on warriors. They do seem to be a pain in the ass.

I pretty much abandoned my new warrior alt (now I need to sell everything I bought for him) and started playing my rogue again to get my melee fix.

Keen8 07-03-2018 06:17 AM

Crustacean Shell Armor could be a possibility as well on the cheaper side of armor

fortior 07-03-2018 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinoTriz (Post 2734061)
Yeah, I've read up more on warriors. They do seem to be a pain in the ass.

I pretty much abandoned my new warrior alt (now I need to sell everything I bought for him) and started playing my rogue again to get my melee fix.

rip lol

I'm sticking with him but only because I'm also leveling a shaman.