Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   P99 vs EQ live (/forums/showthread.php?t=339929)

kaluppo 11-06-2019 09:51 PM

P99 vs EQ live

I was bored at work and came across a youtube video comparing P99 to Live EQ. The video was a few years old so this was a 2017 comparison. I watched it just to see what live even looks like since I havn't personally been there since 2007 ish. The video was kind of lame and he kind of trashed P99 at the end. But then I checked out the same users newest video put out this year as a 20 year mark state of the game.

HOLY CRAP has EQ gotten complicated. The UI has so many boxes and chat windows I would have to hire interns to monitor them all while I played. Then he went into his inventory at some point on a his lvl 110 Monk to show how some gear can be given XP for it to evolve and get better stats or some crap but I stopped listening because I was freaking out over his player stats. He had like 250,000 HP, some insane number for AC and he had over 2,000,000 PP on him yet was nowhere near encumbered :eek:

He has so many macro buttons I would have needed to hire interns to run them all during a fight. When he talked about AA's it was like if you are a new or returning player you can enable this box and you will automatically get 14,000 AA's as you level up to 80. 14,000 free AA's but then you have another 24,000 you need to actually XP grind for and earn. So ding AA 1 done and 23,999 more to go :eek:

Two things I did like though. You can buy land and a house and decorate your home anyway you like. And now there is a aggro meter so you will know when you are about to pull aggro off the tank. He even made a joke about how it wont stop the wizards out there from doing it anyway.

Makes me glad I found P99 for the far more simplistic play style the game started with and should have always kept. So that's my rant. Damn you fools for ruining EQ live and bless Rogean and all the staff for giving us Project 99 to play on and escape the madness of live for the madness of Green and Teal :D

indiscriminate_hater 11-06-2019 10:01 PM

I, too, enjoy the occasional drug trip

Lulz Sect 11-06-2019 11:51 PM

https://i.imgur.com/nS4qJpF.jpg

Swish 11-07-2019 02:16 AM

Modern Freeport was all you needed to see to not want to play live EQ anymore.

Bardp1999 11-07-2019 03:00 AM

I went back to Live before I found P99 and good god was it stupid. Mercenaries (NPCs you can hire to either tank/DPS/Heal for you - basically AI boxxing), Plane of Knowledge ports, like 700 zones I know nothing about... I tried it for a week or two and just couldn't bring myself to do it anymore.

Bardp1999 11-07-2019 03:03 AM

The only thing that would be cool for P99 to bring in from live is the rotating "hot zones" where they give increased ZEM to underutilized zones on a rotating basis every few days, that part was kind of fun because it would incentive people to explore and if you didnt want to the 'normal' leveling zones were unaffected.

saftbudet 11-07-2019 04:06 AM

Amount of AAs is obviously absurd, but tbh I kinda miss them. It gives the option to customize your class abit.

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder 11-07-2019 05:32 AM

Mercs are way too powerful. I think the problem is there are so many zones the game has become diluted. Like too little butter spread on toast.

Starting new? Good luck with that, all newbie zones empty bar probably the brand new one. So mercs are needed in that respect. I couldnt stand it. I quit 2 expansions after PoP.

Luclin was the last expansion i enjoyed.

Im loving P1999. I thought i would never get the feeling of EQ back.

Despite knowing the areas etc the DANGER feeling is still there.

Kudos to the admins.

saftbudet 11-07-2019 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder (Post 3016725)
Mercs are way too powerful. I think the problem is there are so many zones the game has become diluted. Like too little butter spread on toast.

Starting new? Good luck with that, all newbie zones empty bar probably the brand new one. So mercs are needed in that respect. I couldnt stand it. I quit 2 expansions after PoP.

Luclin was the last expansion i enjoyed.

Im loving P1999. I thought i would never get the feeling of EQ back.

Despite knowing the areas etc the DANGER feeling is still there.

Kudos to the admins.

yeah, mercs, bleh ruin community!

Sagus 11-07-2019 08:16 AM

I've hopped around between live and TLPs for years. Live is definitely a different game but one I occasionally play. This is actually the first time I've ever tried P99 and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I'm so used to TLPs where bots and krono farmers dominate the world, so it's great to see GMs active and enforcing rules for a change.