Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Library (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Project 1999 F.A.Q. (/forums/showthread.php?t=1002)

Chanus 01-11-2011 04:17 PM

I ah... i don't know :)

Denethor 01-11-2011 04:50 PM

2 Accounts

I'l keep checking but I may try that thanks for the info...

DetroitVelvetSmooth 01-11-2011 05:21 PM

Pretty sure they can get around non-static ip's, they would just have to apply the exemption to the user login names, not the actual ip address. (i.e. whenever both account a & b share an ip address X [whatever X happens to be] the server lets them through). Then again, what the hell do I know...
Does someone who has obtained an exemption wanna weigh in? Like, have you tried playing with spouse while not at the IP address you were at when you applied for the exemption?

Chanus 01-11-2011 05:24 PM

You can play from different IPs all day long. I play from home and from work with the same account.

The exemption allows more than one login from the same IP... I assume it wouldn't work if your IP changed... so yeah, if your provider will be changing the IP of your household (or however your setup works), I would assume you'd need a new exemption.

Mcbard 01-11-2011 05:34 PM

The IP exemption is for user accounts, not I.P. addresses.

Pyrocat 01-11-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcbard (Post 204731)
The IP exemption is for user accounts, not I.P. addresses.

This is correct.

Swindle 02-17-2011 10:37 PM

Can one play two accounts, so long as only one is used at a time? I love lots of alts but don't want to risk getting my account banned. I've seen some threads by folks saying this is ok, but I'd prefer to get some kind of official response.

Pyrocat 02-18-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swindle (Post 224633)
Can one play two accounts, so long as only one is used at a time? I love lots of alts but don't want to risk getting my account banned. I've seen some threads by folks saying this is ok, but I'd prefer to get some kind of official response.

You can have two accounts, as long as only one is logged into P99 at a time. Basically don't get an IP exemption for either of your accounts so you won't be tempted.

Mirakk82 06-10-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villert (Post 5192)
5% Halfling bonus was how it was in classic... bind spots are how they were in clasic (or at least attempt to be). That's the point of a classic server.

As far as why Halflings got a 5% bonus? I remember hearing it was a coding error, where the 5% was meant to be given to humans and not halflings, but meh, that's classic.

Now let's get back to the drama...

Confirmed. I've got my old school Kunark strategy guide here and it says for drawbacks halflings are lazy levelers. It also says that humans level more quickly than other races. I believe this is how it was intended, to offset the lack of human racial abilities.

Deathrydar 06-10-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirakk82 (Post 309596)
Confirmed. I've got my old school Kunark strategy guide here and it says for drawbacks halflings are lazy levelers. It also says that humans level more quickly than other races. I believe this is how it was intended, to offset the lack of human racial abilities.

I have the same strategy guide!