Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Royal Rumble (/forums/showthread.php?t=225865)

Spyder73 01-21-2016 01:30 PM

Royal Rumble

Who do you guys think will win the Rumble?

There are many things to consider here. The #1 being that whoever has the championship will be headlining Wrestlemania. The Rock has already publicly stated he will be wrestling at mania, and this is presumably the Undertakers last ride as well. Then again, Lesnar has unbelievable star power and Cena is also a go to guy for big name matches that sell tickets to huge events. If I had to do a power ranking, it would go something like this

1) Triple H returns and wins the title, he has been out so this would add some pop and be a big match for Wrestlemania for whoever he fights
2) The Rock returns and win the title, always a fan favorite
3) Lesner - seems unlikely to me at this point
4) Roman Reigns overcomes all odds and they try to push him as a top star - also seems unlikely unless they realize they need to actually push young guys
5)Undertaker - His match will have enough starpower around it, you basically remove a huge match from Mania by combining Takers annual match and the Championship match
6) Seth Rollins or Daniel Bryant return - again, seems very unlikely that even if they were healthy they would win.
7) Cena - this has been done so many times, would be disappointing
8) Randy Orton - he has been so quiet lately that maybe this is his big return
9) Bray Wyatt - not big enough of a star yet IMO to headline Mania
10) They go off the grid and someone no one could possibly predict wins

Triples H's absence is conspicuous enough for me to believe he will come and win, resulting in a push for the Authority narrative that is on the brink of exhaustion.

apio 01-21-2016 01:36 PM

The only winner is CM Punk who's done with fake wrastlin' and training for a real fight like a man.

Furniture 01-21-2016 01:54 PM

I really think there is absolutely no chance of HHH, The Rock, Undertaker, Rollins, Bryan, Cena, or Orton winning the rumble. I'm 99% sure none of those people will even be in the rumble besides HHH or maybe a surprise undertaker return. EDIT: Orton could make a return at the rumble as well but who really gives a shit about orton anymore?

There will be some kind of shenanigans im sure, but one possibility is HHH costs reigns the title, then Ambrose, Owens, Sheamus, or Wyatt wins the rumble. Winner faces reigns at the feb. ppv, reigns gets screwed again (maybe mcmahon or HHH), sets up triple threat Reigns vs RR winner vs Lesnar at WM with of course Reigns finally getting his title back.

I'm pretty sure Lesnar is going to be in the WM main event no matter what, due to all the talk heyman did last week about it. Why build up Lesnar at WM main event that early when they are trying to break attendance record and then just scrap it?

Obviously anything can happen, and I'd rather be surprised with the outcome then it happen this way. Either way it should be a good rumble.

EDIT: On second thought since WM is very early in April this year, isnt there 2 ppvs in between RR and WM? If so then really anything can happen since they have enough time to change plans with 2 ppvs.

Furniture 01-21-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apio (Post 2170460)
The only winner is CM Punk who's done with fake wrastlin' and training for a real fight like a man.

cant wait to see him get his ass beat down, hes a fucking moron

Edit: And AJ Lee is a whore

Spyder73 01-21-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furniture (Post 2170500)
I really think there is absolutely no chance of HHH, The Rock, Undertaker, Rollins, Bryan, Cena, or Orton winning the rumble. I'm 99% sure none of those people will even be in the rumble besides HHH or maybe a surprise undertaker return. EDIT: Orton could make a return at the rumble as well but who really gives a shit about orton anymore?

The Rock will be at Wrestlemania 100% I live in the Dallas area and they are advertising him as basically the main attraction at this point. Undertaker is a given for Wrestlemania and there is absolutely no indication he will no be there and the Rumble is a good way to bring him into the fold. Although most likely he will battle the Wyatts with Kane IMO.

Rollins - agree he wont be in it, Bryan VERY likely could be, and Cena/Orton, who knows

Quote:

There will be some kind of shenanigans im sure, but one possibility is HHH costs reigns the title, then Ambrose, Owens, Sheamus, or Wyatt wins the rumble. Winner faces reigns at the feb. ppv, reigns gets screwed again (maybe mcmahon or HHH), sets up triple threat Reigns vs RR winner vs Lesnar at WM with of course Reigns finally getting his title back.

This is a 100% guarantee, it always is. Someone will get ripped off as per usual.

When ESPN is running segments on WWE (as they always do when it gets close to WM), guess what - they don't give a sh!t about Owens, Ambros, Sheamus, or Wyatt. They DO care about the Rock, Taker, Cena, Lesnar, HHH, and to a lesser degree Orton. You HAVE to have a HUGE name as champion going into Rumble for mainstream media to take notice, and Lesnar vs Rock or HHH vs Lesnar, or any combination of the big names is the only thing that makes sense.

Vince doesnt care about who deserves what, he cares about making a WM that will grab peoples attention from outside wrestling. There's like 5 guys that qualify for that role

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Lesnar is going to be in the WM main event no matter what, due to all the talk heyman did last week about it. Why build up Lesnar at WM main event that early when they are trying to break attendance record and then just scrap it?

The perfect narrative for Lesnar is to go crazy and start attacking people randomly and be unpredictable when you screw him somehow. This is why I think Lesnar will be more like a mercenary who is pissed off at the world because he is cheated out of a title match at WM. He doesn't make a good champion, but he is the perfect wild-card type character. But then again his star power is undeniable and he WILL be at the show

Quote:

EDIT: On second thought since WM is very early in April this year, isnt there 2 ppvs in between RR and WM? If so then really anything can happen since they have enough time to change plans with 2 ppvs.

After Rumble, Elimination chamber is the only other PPV traditionally. I think they are calling it something else this year though. Payback maybe? Either way it doesn't matter.

Spyder73 01-21-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apio (Post 2170460)

Apio cucking up the P99 boards again. Do you even play here or are you focused on your P99/TAK rip off server still?

Thulack 01-21-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furniture (Post 2170503)
cant wait to see him get his ass beat down, hes a fucking moron

Edit: And AJ Lee is a whore

Sounds like someone has a little too much stock in their Men's Soap Opera.

barrettdc1 01-21-2016 04:40 PM

I have a cousin that wrestles in whatever league it is that wrestles at VFWs and shit. Look up Flex Armstrong. Dudes a beast.

Furniture 01-21-2016 04:47 PM

I am personally hoping to see AJ Styles make his debut at RR although from what i've read it looks more likely to happen on RAW the following day. Also finn balor could make a surprise debut to the main roster which would be nice, to set up the inevitable balor club stable but its more likely he wont and the stable will be on nxt.

Thulack 01-21-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrettdc1 (Post 2170611)
I have a cousin that wrestles in whatever league it is that wrestles at VFWs and shit. Look up Flex Armstrong. Dudes a beast.

When i was 13 i went to a ECW event at a local VFW by myself(my aunt dropped me off). Ended up being a riot during one of the matches and everyone was just throwing stuff into the ring from the crowd and cops from 6 stations had to respond. When my aunt came to pick me up she saw all the cops and everything and i was never allowed to go to another ECW event again :(