Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   How many hours a day do you play? (/forums/showthread.php?t=372445)

Baler 11-24-2020 03:57 AM

How many hours a day do you play?

Vote in poll, How many hours a day do you play P99?

Since Kunark release at Friday 9pm Nov 6th I have played over 236 hours spanned across 12-16 hours a day, every day.

Izmael 11-24-2020 04:23 AM

On average, since Kunark, probably less than an hour / day.

The game actually becomes a lot more pleasant once you set REALISTIC goals.

Classic was terrible for me, because I wanted to complete all the /list camps and guise a monk and a ranger. Considering my play times, it was really hard to achieve, and I barely made it, I guised my ranger less than 24 hours before it was removed from the loot table. I completed all the other /list camps by the skin of my teeth.

I sort of approached Kunark in the same way in the beginning, got myself a CoS, bound a lizard necro at the pots... Then I tried the Locket camp... and it was enlightening.

After a couple days I realized that this is not what I want to be doing with my life. I simply gave up on the Locket. I never had a Locket on Blue and never missed it. Resale potential doesn't really matter. Money doesn't make you (or at least me) happy in EQ.

Quickly thereafter, I realized that I'm also going to be giving up on all other Kunark legacy items, because I'm just fine without them. The staff, the rod, the blade... The commitment required to get a realistic shot at these seems out of whack (as it should be). As soon as I took this decision, the game became fun again, I could casually travel around Norrath on my baby necro looking for fun mobs to kill, not feeling any pressure to get this or that before it's nerfed.

Fammaden 11-24-2020 07:16 AM

I don't know why people wanted lockets as a personal item/achievement. Its more of an invaluable tool for high end raid guilds to have at least two. Just because its "legacy" doesn't mean you really want or need to farm it.

Domni 11-24-2020 08:27 AM

No option for 0 hrs/day?

BiG SiP 11-24-2020 08:35 AM

these days, depends if im in the mood and tired of having sex with my DD sized breasts model 10/10 gf
will likely increase

Baler 11-24-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domni (Post 3217255)
No option for 0 hrs/day?

It's not possible to "play" for 0 hours because you wouldn't be playing.

I hope you find some free time to play p99. :)

Tunabros 11-24-2020 03:51 PM

lets all assume we all play for fun here

magnetaress 11-24-2020 03:58 PM

Used to be 72 hrs. But been a long time since I can stay concious / up more than 6 hrs.

Danth 11-24-2020 03:58 PM

There's no poll option for <1. I'm averaging less than 1 hour/daily this year on account of not logging in every day. On days I log in an average session will range from about an hour and a half to about four hours. I left a character online for ~6 hours AFK last week because I forgot it was on for part of that time but I don't think that counts for Baler's purpose.

Danth

douglas1999 11-24-2020 04:06 PM

1-3 hrs = sneaking a beer from your dad in middleschool

17+ hrs = injecting crushed everquest into your feet veins