Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Originally Posted by nilbog (/forums/showthread.php?t=347284)

Darkfuneral 01-12-2020 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by nilbog

I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.

Nothing about p99 is classic

Daloon 01-12-2020 03:56 PM

Unrooted dragons was best era.

Smellybuttface 01-12-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfuneral (Post 3065697)
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.

Nothing about p99 is classic

What’s the point of recreating Classic EQ if it doesn’t make people happy? Granted we all play at his mercy, but his quote just seems counter intuitive. What if the entire P99 community asked him to change the way ZEM’s work in the game? Would he do it because a massive majority asked for this change, or would he not because “it’s not classic” ?

Mblake81 01-12-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daloon (Post 3065698)
Unrooted dragons was best era.

Griff eating noobs is best but reading Daloon got me like..

https://i.imgur.com/0Mstn8E.jpg

ZiggyTheMuss 01-12-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellybuttface (Post 3065699)
What’s the point of recreating Classic EQ if it doesn’t make people happy? Granted we all play at his mercy, but his quote just seems counter intuitive. What if the entire P99 community asked him to change the way ZEM’s work in the game? Would he do it because a massive majority asked for this change, or would he not because “it’s not classic” ?

Because it’s not about what you want, it’s about what Nilbog wants. He is doing this for himself, not for you. What if what if what if, refer back to Nilbog’s quote for the answer. I salute him for not catering to the whiney masses.

Canelek 01-12-2020 04:42 PM

And you all will continue to feel entitled until they discontinue free wireless internet at fast food establishments and methadone clinics.

branamil 01-12-2020 04:44 PM

It's funny that you call p99 classic but there are so many non-classic changes.

P99 - selectively classic ™️

loramin 01-12-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellybuttface (Post 3065699)

Well the funny thing about that is, Nilbog purposefully makes some ZEMs unclassic here: it's a fairly unique example of him prioritizing classic environment (ie. players not knowing exact ZEMs) over classic mechanics.

So ironically, while I don't know about the whole server, there's a decent number of us who want classic ZEMs ... and it's Nilbog, of all people, standing in the way of them.

But like Ziggy said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss (Post 3065713)
Because it’s not about what you want, it’s about what Nilbog wants.

When I put in the decade or so of effort to build a well-run server, then I'll have a leg to stand on. But until then ... Nilbog gets virtually nothing out of the thousands and thousands of hours he's devoted to letting all of us have near-classic emulated fun.

If getting to have "unclassic but classically mysterious" ZEMs on his server floats his boat, more power to him. I'll just, respectfully, keep trying to change his mind :)

nilbog 01-12-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3065718)
Nilbog purposefully makes some ZEMs unclassic here: it's a fairly unique example of him prioritizing classic environment (ie. players not knowing exact ZEMs) over classic mechanics.

So ironically, while I don't know about the whole server, there's a decent number of us who want classic ZEMs ... and it's Nilbog, of all people, standing in the way of them.

source?

KansasComrade 01-12-2020 05:05 PM

Yeah, post a thread about it! That’ll change everything!