Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Merchants (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Merchants turning away too fast... (/forums/showthread.php?t=252454)

Axlrose 09-06-2016 12:45 PM

Merchants turning away too fast...

The latest patch had a change where quest NPCs would turn back to their regular facing position after a passing of time. I've noticed that viewing merchants' wares will have the merchant turn very briefly and then revert back to their regular facing position. Whether merchants and quest NPCs are bound by the same coding I would not know. Before, the merchant would face you for quite some time, especially appearing to be "interacting" with you while you were buying and selling. While not game breaking at all, it does appear ~off~.

Ropethunder 09-20-2016 08:58 PM

Forwarded this to Haynar. He says that he'll be looking into it.

Movember 10-29-2016 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axlrose (Post 2354127)
The latest patch had a change where quest NPCs would turn back to their regular facing position after a passing of time. I've noticed that viewing merchants' wares will have the merchant turn very briefly and then revert back to their regular facing position. Whether merchants and quest NPCs are bound by the same coding I would not know. Before, the merchant would face you for quite some time, especially appearing to be "interacting" with you while you were buying and selling. While not game breaking at all, it does appear ~off~.

It's been ~15 years at this point but I seem to remember merchants on live turning for a while & having to wait for them to turn back around for times I was using sneak. I.e. sneak, click on merchant, if sneak fails they'd give me a cold stare for a few bit before resetting.

Moosetoe 11-01-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Haynar: Stationary mobs with quests, who face their target after hailing, will return to face their original heading after a delay.
This appears to be happening with every NPC in towns - not just merchants, or "stationary mobs with quests."

Moosetoe 01-05-2017 09:42 PM

Bump