Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Habits you just couldn't drop after switching characters... (/forums/showthread.php?t=262574)

Jimjam 01-11-2017 09:05 AM

Habits you just couldn't drop after switching characters...
 
Sneaking! So great, so versatile!

Using sneak is so imprinted on my neurones that even when playing a dark elf cleric or barbarian shaman I still find myself approaching merchants from the rear!

What EQ behaviours have you found difficult to shift even once they are no longer useful?

Swish 01-11-2017 09:21 AM

Doesn't matter what caster class I'm playing, gate always goes in spell slot 8 and the bottom right slot of the spell book...can't shake it, wouldn't be right if it was anywhere else. That shit started on live in 1999 and continues :p

Phantasm 01-11-2017 09:25 AM

I press FD more times than I should when I switch off my monk.

Whats that? A mob aggrod'd?! Lets just FD it! *casts snare* !?!?!!????

Another thing I do is think that I'm still on my monk and just run through dungeons/mobs, forgetting I'm on another inept toon! I guess I just forget I'm not on superpowered op monk sometimes :P

Rokzor 01-11-2017 09:35 AM

That's definately 'Tracking' for me, I hit my track button on all of my toons :D

maskedmelon 01-11-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantasm (Post 2441594)

Another thing I do is think that I'm still on my monk and just run through dungeons/mobs, forgetting I'm on another inept toon! I guess I just forget I'm not on superpowered op monk sometimes :P

You are not alone (^。^)

Bubbles 01-11-2017 10:03 AM

Divine Aura / Feign Death in slot 7 (depending on toon) and Gate in slot 8 as well.

Slot 6 is always a root of some kind.

You can always tell the pure melee alts of casters/priests. They are the ones sitting between pulls. Its a ridiculously hard habit to break.

Brut 01-11-2017 10:24 AM

- Mashing /who nonstop after playing on red.
- Playing a ranger or something, having Track button or somesuch to stress spam at hotkey1, then switching to SK and randomly FDing constantly since it's the same hotkey.
- Killing my recently summoned pet since using CoS whenever possible such a SK standard.

maskedmelon 01-11-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brut (Post 2441664)
- Mashing /who nonstop after playing on red.
- Playing a ranger or something, having Track button or somesuch to stress spam at hotkey1, then switching to SK and randomly FDing constantly since it's the same hotkey.
- Killing my recently summoned pet since using CoS whenever possible such a SK standard.

Gotta bind that stuff to left or right movement key, so you spam yourself automatically while moving around (unless you a faster or something, then don't work I guess) ^^

On that note, anyone ever bound something like that a movement key and the. Switch to another character and accidentally attack since merging? ^^;

Tuurin 01-11-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles (Post 2441643)

You can always tell the pure melee alts of casters/priests. They are the ones sitting between pulls. Its a ridiculously hard habit to break.

This one for me for sure. I mainly play a necro, but have a baby rogue that I play sometimes when i want to group or just dick around. And yes I think on more than one occasion I've had some confused group members wondering why I'm sitting down between every pull.

To be honest, I don't know how people main pure melees. Every time I play one I feel like I'm mostly just standing around and/or pushing like 1-2 buttons. Total opposite of a necro, who is constantly having to do something to be efficient, swapping out spells, paying attention to a pet, etc.

Lorglath84 01-11-2017 10:45 AM

When playing a cleric... I stand and try to cannibalize - it doesn't work, then i sit down and pout that mana goes up so slow.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.