Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Super fast leveling for Druid's/Wizards - Bread Quest (Update to my old video) (/forums/showthread.php?t=307298)

Cen 09-19-2018 02:32 PM

Super fast leveling for Druid's/Wizards - Bread Quest (Update to my old video)

Original Topic: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=275384

Last time I posted about the bread quest, it exploded in popularity, and got totally nerfed 5 days after. I swear it wasn't my fault, but whoever decided to ensnare Jarlen and Inkeep James at the zone lines :P Anyway, for anyone who isn't aware, getting very fast experience is not *completely* dead. It's just limited to Druids and Wizards now. You probably *heard* of the bread quest, but if you want to know what it is, here is a new video explaining what people are doing these days.

New video for Druids and Wizards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk4tSKzzj8k

and now I may have completely ruined it :D

Here is the factions you get for the two npc's shown in the video:

https://i.imgur.com/Z7H7RCT.png

Any character of any race or religion can do these turn ins, but you may need invis for safety, or you'll end up like I did at the end of the new video. Boop.

Voland 09-19-2018 02:57 PM

Your video says you bind your wizard in Feerrott, port to NK and run to SK.
Is this faster than binding in SK, porting to CT and running to Feerrott?
(I know that wiz only gets CT port at 24, but the same applies to dru Feerrott port)

Cen 09-19-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voland (Post 2777372)
Your video says you bind your wizard in Feerrott, port to NK and run to SK.
Is this faster than binding in SK, porting to CT and running to Feerrott?
(I know that wiz only gets CT port at 24, but the same applies to dru Feerrott port)

I haven't had a chance to try yet, but I will give it a shot tonight. My guess is its going to suck, but maybe im wrong. Also im scared of CT. I don't even know the way through yet to the entrance ;D

BarackObooma 09-19-2018 03:33 PM

Straight west and you'll get to the door.

Aalderon Crystafire 09-19-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cen (Post 2777351)
Last time I posted about the bread quest, it exploded in popularity, and got totally nerfed 5 days after. I swear it wasn't my fault

It wasn't your fault. P99 may have had many patches/expansions (Kunark) longer than classic but this nerf was planned and timed pretty much a la classic. If you look at the ZAM posts you can see that the XP was nerfed not too long after. The quests are also [almost] all removed with Chardok 2.0, anyway. You won't see another nerf.

Foxplay 09-19-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aalderon Crystafire (Post 2777426)
It wasn't your fault. P99 may have had many patches/expansions (Kunark) longer than classic but this nerf was planned and timed pretty much a la classic. If you look at the ZAM posts you can see that the XP was nerfed not too long after. The quests are also [almost] all removed with Chardok 2.0, anyway. You won't see another nerf.

No more nerf's?

We'll put that claim to the test

loramin 09-19-2018 05:15 PM

I'm interested in doing this quest on my Shaman, not for the experience, but for the faction (it's hard to get ogres to like you).

Has anyone ever determined how many runs it takes to raise their faction a level?

Cen 09-19-2018 06:48 PM

Its a +2 on the merchants and a 1 on Clurg and the guards from one old source. It seems like all the bread turnsins are all +1's but +2's on the merchant faction that its going to.

Im not sure if thats true because man I went to warmly fast with a troll shaman going to innkeep james last year.

Cen 09-19-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxplay (Post 2777432)
No more nerf's?

We'll put that claim to the test

Oh god we're about to have a new inkeeper at the druid ruins.

aaezil 09-19-2018 06:50 PM

Hard pass... its a game play it