Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   The great merge of 2020 (/forums/showthread.php?t=348203)

Llandris 01-21-2020 06:26 PM

The great merge of 2020

Since I've seen a lot of feedback since the merger of Green/Teal, I thought I would address the players as to why and how it was done. As Rogean stated here; the population has been closely monitored since the creation of the Teal server. Collectively, we felt that the population of both servers (Green and Teal) during prime time reached the threshold we had in mind and it was decided that it was time to merge.
This should have been better communicated to the players, and I will take the hit on that. Rogean handled majority of the grunt work, and the transition went as smooth as we had hoped (corpses, lists, Guilds, faction values, inventories etc). Moving forward, I'll work with Administration to ensure there's better communication between us and the players.

- Lland

plzrelax 01-21-2020 06:45 PM

You guys are the best

Madbad 01-21-2020 06:46 PM

But naow I have to wait fur mah solo xp spawt!

loramin 01-21-2020 06:47 PM

P99 staff (who volunteer their time to let us all play) apologizing for not communicating with us players?!? I think I've died and gone to bizzaro heaven ;)

But seriously:

Quote:

Originally Posted by plzrelax (Post 3071293)
You guys are the best

Corbin 01-21-2020 06:50 PM

Thanks for all of your help maintaining the server :)

The wife and I love the content and appreciate all of the hard work from the developers. The fact we can play a month or two and then come back later to revisit and continue the quest, even years later, on a time locked server of this quality is fantastic and we're grateful.

We're not all in because we hate contested content and the behavior it encourages. This is very different from our personal live experience. So, admittedly the timing of the merger is disappointing to us. However, I know many players love P99 for this very reason!

Love the museum, ty again, you won't keep everyone happy all of the time ;)

BenDerisgreat 01-21-2020 06:53 PM

Love the game and appreciate all that you do. Hate the timing and reactions this has caused in game from other players.

Cen 01-21-2020 06:55 PM

Rock on. Do you know when the Teal character name database gets purged? :p Im supposed to wait to petition until that happens to get my lost name ;D

Dildy 01-21-2020 07:04 PM

nerf soulfire

Artelius Longwood

Huck 01-21-2020 07:12 PM

Mmmmm. Meh. Was enjoying my non-neckbeard time to play the game. I am not hardcore, won't ever be. That's okay. It's also okay to be hardcore. The split servers allowed for that. It was a happy medium of both.

When green launched I already told myself no thanks. Too many assholes and not enough nice people. Then Teal launched....I gave it a go. Had the time of my life.

Instead, this now only favors the hardcore, once again. In the last 24 hours I've had some ass hat green turd just come flying through my camp or training me to take a camp 7 times. Not even in that great of areas, because now the server is over crowded for a retro emulator. The douche bag doesn't ask, just pushes on in. No apology, not worth the headache to fight over a free game. Can't report it, because nobody will do anything. "Classic" for sure.

Simple solution: just launch Kunark now.

Staff - I appreciate everything you've done!

omguh 01-21-2020 07:56 PM

While I enjoyed the game a bit more pre-merge, I do appreciate the communications.