Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Too Many Porters (/forums/showthread.php?t=318793)

Yiblaan 03-01-2019 01:37 PM

Too Many Porters

What is going on with this server? This isn't the same server as I once fell in love with. I see like 6 Druids in the Overthere advertising that they are porting when there are 15 people total in zone.

There are so many porters, probably enough for one personal porter per person. All I see in WC or EC or any crowded zones are people desperate to port YOU. Oh my Prexus they are like hyenas all trying to compete to /tell someone first to gain some coin. And <Dial a Port>? Don't get me started on that.

It's too easy to get a port, might as well just open PoK... Put them out of business and stop hearing the desperate attempts to port the world.

Enjoy the journey, take a walk... see the beautiful landscapes. When's the last time you took a boat? Exactly because porters are RAMMING their desperate attempts at service down your throat.

Good riddance, not even Prexus can save you.

Doctor Jeff 03-01-2019 01:43 PM

Why is this upsetting?

DinoTriz2 03-01-2019 01:54 PM

It's time to seize the means of portduction

indiscriminate_hater 03-01-2019 01:54 PM

Solid rant. Druids are a dime a dozen on this server

Legidias 03-01-2019 01:59 PM

Porters need to be competitive in pricing.

CodyF86 03-01-2019 02:02 PM

I remember in '99 when the game first came out, getting a port or a rez was almost miracle status lol...all while being on 56k. :)

America 03-01-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yiblaan (Post 2869790)
What is going on with this server? This isn't the same server as I once fell in love with. I see like 6 Druids in the Overthere advertising that they are porting when there are 15 people total in zone.

There are so many porters, probably enough for one personal porter per person. All I see in WC or EC or any crowded zones are people desperate to port YOU. Oh my Prexus they are like hyenas all trying to compete to /tell someone first to gain some coin. And <Dial a Port>? Don't get me started on that.

It's too easy to get a port, might as well just open PoK... Put them out of business and stop hearing the desperate attempts to port the world.

Enjoy the journey, take a walk... see the beautiful landscapes. When's the last time you took a boat? Exactly because porters are RAMMING their desperate attempts at service down your throat.

Good riddance, not even Prexus can save you.

are you still fat? how's your alcohol consumption?

Aviann 03-01-2019 02:20 PM

Sounds like a <Dial A Port> bro that took a hit on in his wallet when everyone realized they could level up a druid to 29 and bind it in Overthere for their buddies.

Champion_Standing 03-01-2019 02:42 PM

Cuz you guys keep telling people to roll druid as their first char and port people for money. So now 1/3 players are boxing a druid porting people while they play.

ReadOnly 03-01-2019 02:53 PM

What did you expect would happen with a level cap of 60 and no new content ever again? P99 has been locked into this Era for the last 10 years. Live had FOURTEEN expansions at that point. Of course this server would devolve into weird unclassic mechanics being stuck in one particular Era.