Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Making Money as a Ranger (/forums/showthread.php?t=302371)

Darguth 07-11-2018 01:37 PM

Making Money as a Ranger

Any advice on good methods (besides snarky ones like rerolling a different class! :P) for a high-level Ranger to make money solo?

I've heard of farming the named spawns from the Forager/Tracker cycle. Any requirements or tips on how to do that? I'm 59 now with Swiftwind and Sky Cloak, but no Earthcaller yet.

Any other good spots that a Ranger like that could tackle?

Raavak 07-11-2018 02:11 PM

Frontier Mountain cycle... not sure how profitable it is anymore after nerfs and and expansion.

There was some sort of cycle in SoNH that dropped gems, too, in which tracking was a great boon.

loramin 07-11-2018 02:26 PM

I think cycles (like the one in Trak's Tooth) are one of the very few things in classic EQ where Rangers truly shine, so going for Iksar BPs is a great idea.

However, if you want to make plat faster I think the real answer is to partner up with a Shaman, and then go after one of the many options on the Treasure Hunting Guide (link in my signature).

Baler 07-11-2018 03:01 PM

tracking...
TT
FT
WL

ezzz cash, I don't know why it's not more publicized for rangers. They have the best tracking. I use to have a friend I met in game who just did those three zones and made bank on his ranger solo.

Darguth 07-11-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 2738909)
tracking...
TT
FT
WL

ezzz cash, I don't know why it's not more publicized for rangers. They have the best tracking. I use to have a friend I met in game who just did those three zones and made bank on his ranger solo.

What tracking/solo content is available for Rangers in WL? The only thing I could think of would be panther pelts, but that probably involves clearing lots of chaff in hopes the good ones will pop.

Also, what are the good cash drops to go for in the FT tracking/mob cycle?

Jimjam 07-11-2018 04:43 PM

Farm melee wrist gems (and stuff) in velks?

I could just about manage to solo the frenzied velium broodling at 59, even with very late slow procs. I generally had potg on and had to take med/root rot breaks mid fight. I also had sky cloak but no fungi. Swarm caller may help if you can't source a seoc easily.?

Baler 07-11-2018 05:25 PM

haze panthers are more common than people think, respawn is fast. Don't let EC condition your mind in believing otherwise. Prices are all perception.
And there are quite a few cycle items that still yield massive net gains.

Snaggles 07-11-2018 05:36 PM

You could also slum it in South Karana and sell loot rights to the Peggy cloak. Although I bet TT cycles would be more profitable and less camped (plus no KS from a lvl 35).

Darguth 07-11-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2738966)
Farm melee wrist gems (and stuff) in velks?

I could just about manage to solo the frenzied velium broodling at 59, even with very late slow procs. I generally had potg on and had to take med/root rot breaks mid fight. I also had sky cloak but no fungi. Swarm caller may help if you can't source a seoc easily.?

I've had pretty poor luck with the Swarmcaller :) The whole point in making money at this point is to source an SEoC :D

Jimjam 07-12-2018 05:45 AM

Make friends with every non epic Mage on the server and offer to help them in hate in exchange for a chance at SEOC. kill enough minis and you'll see one drop.

I swear the bottleneck 'fix' that was supposed to make SEOC more squid able (moving the drop from Inny to his Minnys actually made the damn thing rarer! I was lucky enough to attend enough hate raids to be (pity?) MQed a stone from the guild.