Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Enchanter OP impact poll (/forums/showthread.php?t=380726)

azxten 03-19-2021 12:39 PM

Enchanter OP impact poll

Even as a high level Enchanter myself now I am still working on getting this ridiculously overpowered and non-classic class fixed. We know charm never worked this well in classic, we know all pet HP is too high and double so for Enchanter pets, we know channeling rates are too successful, and so on. There are multiple bug reports on these issues if you want to review the evidence. In spite of the evidence that has been gathered Enchanter remains a ridiculously overpowered class that was never this way in classic. I feel it really ruins a lot of the EQ experience in various ways.

I wanted to ask the community, how do you feel about Enchanter? Is it overpowered compared to classic? Does it impact the game by trivializing solo, group, and/or raid content?

Snortles Chortles 03-19-2021 01:17 PM

unless paralyzing root is intentionally amazing
my experience as a live root nuking wiz noob was consistent root breaking
can’t imagine consistent charm is era accurate

Cen 03-19-2021 01:37 PM

Classicly OP where dialup made things scarier for charm

bomaroast 03-19-2021 01:52 PM

The easiest way to kill the bees on isle 6 is with charm pets? That shit is not classic and obviously not right.

Tunabros 03-19-2021 01:55 PM

The enchanter is only as powerful as the player

so no nerf

Gustoo 03-19-2021 01:57 PM

Its overpowered we just don't know exactly how or why.

Based on P99 experience enchanter is god mode kill it all charm king.

On live enchanter was great for having clarity and crowd control.

I don't think live players were so dumb. I think something is different here. Many of us have now played project 1999 longer than we played live, so its hard to rememeber. What to do? Who knows.

bomaroast 03-19-2021 01:58 PM

Charm never lasted this long on live. If charm lasted for a couple minutes, then that was a good charm. Everyone knows it, but the devs are biased for some reason. Who knows /shrugs

Snortles Chortles 03-19-2021 01:59 PM

must be hard to code or unknown variables lost to time

Gustoo 03-19-2021 02:00 PM

bombaroast - Dev's just need facts and no one had provided detailed facts to back it up.
snortles - yep

Wait a sec can't we play one of the modern everquest TLP servers and see how these spells operate? Wouldn't it give us some base line?

loramin 03-19-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3275898)
bombaroast - Dev's just need facts and no one had provided detailed facts to back it up.

I mean, in general here yes, absolutely.

But there's been over a decade of bug reports about Enchanters, often with evidence ... and nothing has ever come of them. So it kinda makes you think more bug reports, with more evidence, isn't going to change the underlying issue (and that the underlying issue may actually be that Nilbog's a big Enchanter fan ;)).