Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Pet sometimes leaves guard spot (/forums/showthread.php?t=314810)

kwjohns 01-12-2019 01:00 PM

Pet sometimes leaves guard spot

When I place my pet in the guard position like next to the spawn point for a mob I’m camping, sometimes my pet will randomly return to me despite me never telling the pet to follow me again.

Mob spawns > Pet attack > I stand > Nuke mob twice > I sit > Pet finishes killing mob > pet returns to guard spot OR sometimes returns back to me.

First noticed this when camping AC. Why the heck is it doing this? :confused:

baub 01-12-2019 03:02 PM

are you sitting your pet? if you sit your pet after you guard it the pet will go back to following you unless you guard it again after the sit

kwjohns 01-12-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baub (Post 2840538)
are you sitting your pet? if you sit your pet after you guard it the pet will go back to following you unless you guard it again after the sit

Ahhhh. Believe you just solved the mystery for me! Thank you so much for that information. And in the process of looking this up, I just read that at this level, sit is pointless anyways for regen so I can just nip that in the bud. Thanks, baub!

loramin 01-12-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwjohns (Post 2840542)
And in the process of looking this up, I just read that at this level, sit is pointless anyways for regen

I didn't realize that:
Code:

/pet sit
was only useful for certain levels. Can you point me towards where you found that, I'd like to see the details?

kwjohns 01-12-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2840546)
I didn't realize that:
Code:

/pet sit
was only useful for certain levels. Can you point me towards where you found that, I'd like to see the details?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Gui...2Fpet_sit_down

Quote:

Detail: works exactly like the /pet guard here command with a few minor exceptions, low level pets will regen slightly faster. Once pets get their innate regen boost in the low 30's this additional regen becomes inconsequential.

Cindayen 01-31-2019 12:01 AM

It has to do with lag, much like when they take off and go somewhere else or appear to.

Doctor Jeff 01-31-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindayen (Post 2851062)
It has to do with lag, much like when they take off and go somewhere else or appear to.

Or for those of us that actually read the thread, it’s because sit breaks guard unless you reguard after sitting the pet.

Danth 01-31-2019 06:40 PM

My Shadow Knight pet quite often changes to follow from "guard" without any command (certainly not /pet sit, which I never use). Happens a few times per session typically and has been going on for at least a couple years, now. Slight nuisance but not too big a problem, certainly not the biggest glitch on the server.

Danth