Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Long Gone Returning Player, is it worth coming back ? Many more questions enclosed. (/forums/showthread.php?t=322772)

UndeadFroglock 04-12-2019 05:08 PM

Long Gone Returning Player, is it worth coming back ? Many more questions enclosed.

HI i played eq back in beta and release on xegony. How is this server doing in regards to a pulse. Can I find guilds to join , people to group with if i go healer ? How many expansions will this be opening up to in the future..i noticed something about being scars of Velious atm. I am really tempted but honestly if things are winding down well..I guess I will pass. I love eq it always breaks my heart when I see it mentioned somewhere..anyways peace

mattmanbass 04-13-2019 01:24 PM

The server population is very high, probably higher than live was back in the day, there are several very good guilds and players thoughout all level ranges. Since the server is so old there a lot more players at endgame than live would have had, but to answer your question, yes it's worth coming back

DMN 04-13-2019 01:40 PM

There is a ton of activity on the server. tons of players, tons of guilds. Some people say we have too many, in fact. The server is "time locked" in velious and will not be getting any more expansions. There are rumors we might eventually get a new "green" server that will start from vanilla and go all through velious again.

YendorLootmonkey 04-13-2019 01:51 PM

Welcome, fellow Xegony player!!

Issar 04-13-2019 02:15 PM

Old Xegony player here too, welcome UDF! I’ve recently come back to P99 (only stopped due to time constraints) and it is very much alive. I’m a huge fan of the era and imo this is the best server to play on. The community is quite large and you will find groups or wait lists in all the common zones. There are tons of active guilds, from leveling to raiding. I don’t raid here so I cannot speak to that part of the game. Best of luck.

gutterbrain 04-13-2019 02:23 PM

Short answer: yes

Side note: Welcome back!

loramin 04-13-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndeadFroglock (Post 2892617)
How many expansions will this be opening up to in the future..i noticed something about being scars of Velious atm. I am really tempted but honestly if things are winding down well

Things aren't exactly "winding down", but you should know that this server will stop just before Luclin and never make it into Luclin. For some people, that's a dealbreaker.

But if you are fine with a server that never leaves Velious, Project 1999 is by far the most active, accurate, and all-in-all well-run emulated EverQuest server out there ... and arguably it's also the best of any EQ server available today (emulated or not).

Jerri 04-14-2019 01:21 AM

As another recently returned player, yes you can find groups sporadically on weekends. There is quite a server click, your best bet would be to find a guild that will support you leveling and raiding.

Dawning 04-14-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutterbrain (Post 2893119)
Short answer: yes

Side note: Welcome back!

This^^! Lots of folks to play with!

UndeadFroglock 04-14-2019 03:47 PM

Thanks for all your replies everyone, so I took the plunge, any guilds looking for recruits i just started my gnome enchanter today