Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Class selection and personality types (/forums/showthread.php?t=323028)

Arakash 04-15-2019 01:24 AM

Class selection and personality types

Sorry, it's late and I'm rambling a bit, but after an incident today I've begun to wonder if certain classes attract particular personality types?

I ask this because most of the mages I've encountered in this game are an odd bunch. Generally rude, the primary class that tries to kill steal (from me anyway) and creepy in a 10th alt type of way with little joy in their play but very efficient mechanics. I would think druids would be this way but most of them have been pretty cool. Bards are annoying with their kiting but generally courteous. Necro's are loners mostly and flee from interaction. The rest of the classes have not stood out too much to me. I'm sure someone has written a paper on this.

Swish2 04-15-2019 01:42 AM

You know what? I've thought about this sometimes.

The most rude players I've found are generally gnomes. That's not a troll (pun intended), I'm serious.

Across the years I've played this game I've had a decidedly more difficult time being camp lawyered or otherwise negatively impacted on by people playing gnomes...and it's not like they're the most played race.

Jauna 04-15-2019 01:50 AM

You'd be mad too if you didnt have the self respect to reflect your avatar.

Ogres, barbs, you know, healthy 6ft or taller folks are generally happier.

DiogenesThaDogg 04-15-2019 03:08 AM

Who hurt you, OP?

Jimjam 04-15-2019 03:43 AM

I don't know about class, but people with serious drug problems, poor self control and honesty issues roll gnomes.

I Felt Nostalgic 04-15-2019 04:20 AM

I think anyone who rolls an elf is a degenerate. Bad experiences in Greater Faydark make me avoid Elves at all costs.

Arakash 04-15-2019 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg (Post 2893941)
Who hurt you, OP?

Naomi, she had yellow hair and green eyes. I can still feel the scar.

As far as the mage thing goes, it's a fairly consistent event, else I wouldn't have noticed it. I may roll one and see if it's just part of the whole pet thing.

I never thought about race selection and personality.

Tethler 04-15-2019 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakash (Post 2893924)
Sorry, it's late and I'm rambling a bit, but after an incident today I've begun to wonder if certain classes attract particular personality types?

I ask this because most of the mages I've encountered in this game are an odd bunch. Generally rude, the primary class that tries to kill steal (from me anyway) and creepy in a 10th alt type of way with little joy in their play but very efficient mechanics. I would think druids would be this way but most of them have been pretty cool. Bards are annoying with their kiting but generally courteous. Necro's are loners mostly and flee from interaction. The rest of the classes have not stood out too much to me. I'm sure someone has written a paper on this.

I'm always playing the friendly group mage when I play mine. Proactively summoning toys, staying on top of damage shield refresh and nuking, engaging in group converstaions, etc. Not wrong about the 10th alt thing though, as evidenced by my sig.

I have more bad interactions with Iksars than Gnomes, but that may just be due to Iksar being master race and the sheer number of them running around is larger.

Probably correct with necros too. My necro is my only non-guilded character and hes nearing 50. Never guilded him anywhere. It's not that I don't want to interact in general, but I made the necro alt for the times I want to play but am feeling like I don't want to put in the effort of being social.

Izmael 04-15-2019 05:19 AM

I don't think anything screams douchebag more than a barbarian rogue.

Tethler 04-15-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izmael (Post 2893959)
I don't think anything screams douchebag more than a barbarian rogue.

Damnit. Guilty.